Administrative Assistant – UNICEF – Sao Tome and Principe
- São Tomé, Sao Tomé-et-Principe
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Ressources humaines
- Date de l'offre:20 Déc 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
I. Post Information
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Supervisor Title/ Level: Senior Finance Assistant / GS-7
Organizational Unit: Operations
Post Location: UNICEF Sao Tome
Job Level: GS-6
Job Profile No.:
Job Classification Level:
II. Organizational Context and Purpose for the job
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Job organizational context (Please outline the type of office this position is in, in addition to its supervisor) :
The Generic Job Profile for the Administrative and Finance Assistant, at the GS-6 level, is to be used in the UNICEF country office, reporting to the Sr Finance Assistant / GS-7.
Purpose for the job (Please outline the overall responsibility of this position)
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing a variety of specialized tasks in the administrative functions, ensuring accurate and timely delivery that is in compliance with UNICEF administrative rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
At the GS-6 level, the below tasks are expected to be carried out with a high level of independence.
III. Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks (Please outline the key accountabilities for this position and underneath each accountability, the duties that describe how they are delivered. Please limit to four to seven accountabilities)
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
· Processing for Administrative transactions
· Processing of domestic and international Travel
· Monitoring of administrative contracts
· General Administrative Duties
Processing for Administrative transactions
· Provide administrative support to ensure efficient management of Administration unit, including but not limited to travel , protocol , visa procedures and liaise with the regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with national laws procedures for residency , visa applications etc.
· Prepare correspondence, special reports, evaluations and justifications as required on general administrative or specialized tasks.
· Provide general administration support related to office maintenance, inventory, security and office facilities.
· Advice and ensure that staff in the Office know travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points in the zone offices to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
· Organize, facilitate and follow up the travels of Staff of the Office
· Extracts, inputs, maintains and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel.
· Prepares budgets on travel costs and maintain travel budgetary control records.
· Ensure Travel plan consolidation, TA création and Trip certification on behalf
· Verify travel claims against authorized travel, with regard to actual routing and duration of stay.
Monitoring of administrative contracts
· Monitor the payment of administrative invoices and closure of administration unit contracts
· Follow up closely with the service providers to submit the invoices in a timely manner and conduct regular reconciliations of invoices.
General Administrative Duties
· Maintain hard and electronic files and update data base systems ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of confidential information.
· Ensure matters relating to field office premises, utilities and services with vendors and agencies, transport services, vehicle use and maintenance, equipment, management of drivers including the movements.
· Maintain attendance records for administrative files.
· Conduct quarter inventory of material/equipment for the Office.
· Perform other administrative assignments as required
IV. Impact of Results
The efficiency and effectiveness of the Administrative Assistant directly impacts on the optimum, appropriate and effective use of resources and efficient administrative services which in turn facilitates management oversight, decision making and quality control.
V. Competencies and level of proficiency required (based on UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
• Diversity and inclusion
• Communication (II)
• Working with people (II)
• Drive for results (II)
• Analyzing (II)
• Applying Technical Expertise (II)
• Planning and organizing (II)
• Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
High School Degree, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
Six years of clerical experience in the area of administration is required.
Fluency in French and working knowledge of English and local language of the duty station is required.
Comment postulerUNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=509719
In your request, indicate that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
36 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui