Business Development Manager – Forcier Consulting – Kenya
Description du Poste
Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract Duration: 12 months
Forcier is a multi-disciplinary research and monitoring & evaluation firm operating across Africa and the Middle East since 2011. Our core services include program evaluations, opinion polling, third party monitoring, and capacity building for UN Agencies, NGOs, governments and private sector clients operating in post-conflict and challenging environments. Forcier currently has offices in South Sudan, Somalia, Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Mozambique, and Egypt.
Job Description: Forcier is seeking a Business Development Manager to manage key regional teams of Business Development Officers, and to identify, establish, and maintain relationships with partners, clients, and competitors. The Business Development Manager will manage business development staff across our offices of operation. The Manager will be responsible for the quality and submission of all business development outputs in their respective countries, and for ensuring their team members are constantly growing and learning on a daily basis. The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for writing high-level proposal, ensuring revenue targets are fulfilled, producing marketing and promotional materials for their region(s), mapping clients and taking proactive meetings, and general administrative tasks relating to business development.
Forcier is looking for a Business Development Manager that has a passion for teaching and coaching, as well as winning. A sense of ownership over one’s work, and a competitive edge, is essential for this role. Experience working in business development at a research or international development organization, and on USAID or DfID initiatives, is a definite advantage.
The Business Development Manager will receive:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Round-trip flights to posting
• $1,200 USD in flight credits a year
• Other competitive benefits
Reports to: Director of Business Development
• Management of junior staff in business development department
• Edit and review proposal submissions for junior staff, and coach to improve skills of team
• Write proposals for Forcier projects across sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East
• Identify opportunities through partner engagement and desk research
• Identify potential partners, clients, and competitors in targeted countries, and establish a database for contact management
• Establish contact and maintain relationships with partners, clients, and competitors and represent Forcier in introductory meetings to explain our unique selling points/competitive advantages
• Assist the Global Business Development Department by liaising with country office teams to provide information on country staffing, logistics, financial information, and project updates
• Assist in improving and maintaining new and existing business development resources (templates, CVs, promotional materials, databases, etc.)
• A Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs, Anthropology, Political Science, English, International Development Studies, or another relevant social science topic.
• Native fluency in English
• Previous experience in business development or grant writing
• Previous experience with monitoring and evaluation, research, and knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
• Previous management or leadership experience
• Effective ability to pro-actively prioritize and meet strict deadlines
• Interest in sub-Saharan Africa; particular Francophone Africa
• Ability to work independently and remotely with little oversight
• Excellent communication skills
Preferred (but not required) skills:
• Professional fluency in French
• Previous experience writing USAID, DfID or EU proposals
• Experience with corporate marketing, branding, or graphic design
• Experience living or working in Africa
• Knowledge of the international development industry
Comment postulerPlease apply on our website: joinforcier.com and locate the Business Development Manager job posting, and click Apply. Submit a single PDF containing your cover letter, CV, a writing sample in English (no longer than 3 pages) with your name as the filename. Applications will be received on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
139 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui
Postuler à cette annonce
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez trouvé cette offre d'emploi sur Imaginafrica.net (le job board de l'Afrique).