Carter Center DRC Field Office Director, Fluent in English and French – Carter Center – DRC
- Kinshasa, Kinshasa, République démocratique du Congo
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Management de programme
- Date de l'offre:21 Mar 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
The Field Office Director oversees the implementation of the Citizen Observation and Human Rights House programs based in Kinshasa, and manages representation and operational support to the Extractive Industries Governance program based in a separate office in Lubumbashi. As the senior representative of The Carter Center in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), (s)he maintains collaborative relationships with government officials, donors, and representatives of international organizations. The Field Office Director supervises personnel and manages financial, administrative and logistical operations of the field office, while simultaneously working with headquarters, field staff, consultants and external experts to achieve project goals. (S)he is accountable for ensuring the effective direction and management of the Human Rights House and Citizen Observation activities in the DRC. Performs related responsibilities as required. This position is based in Kinshasa, DRC.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English are required. Master’s degree (or equivalent) in social sciences, international human rights law, or other development-related field preferred. Seven to ten years of progressively responsible experience, including five years’ experience managing field office programs and personnel is required. Advanced financial and human resource management skills are required. Applicant should possess strong analysis, problem solving, prioritization, and risk-management skills. Strong interpersonal skills, cross-cultural understanding and the ability to lead and motivate diverse, multi-disciplinary, geographically remote teams are crucial. Demonstrated experience in team building, conflict resolution, ensuring participation, promoting mutual respect and active listening is desired. Proven fundraising success and experience working with donors, government officials and international organizations are essential. Facility with computers and proficiency in MS Office are a must. Applicant should be well-organized and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines. Significant experience with programs related to human rights, natural resource governance, elections and election observation, and/or civil society strengthening is highly preferred. Strong knowledge of the DRC or the east Africa region is highly preferred; experience working in the Great Lakes region is a plus.
1. Representation: Serves as senior representative of all Carter Center programs in the DRC. Maintains productive, strategic relationships with project partners and other key actors in the DRC, including government officials, international organizations, diplomatic missions, donors, civil society leaders, and other critical institutions and groups.
2. Field Office Operational Management: Oversees logistical, financial and administrative processes in the Kinshasa field office. Ensures that all DRC field offices operate in compliance with Congolese laws and regulations. Organizes streamlined operational policies and procedures across the Kinshasa and Lubumbashi offices. Reviews and approves procurement requests in Kinshasa.
3. Human Resources Management: Manages the recruitment of national staff members in the Kinshasa office and assists the Atlanta-based Project Managers with recruitment of expatriate staff and consultants. Ensures that field staff comply with all Carter Center contractual agreements and maintains staff policies and procedures and ensures compliance with DRC law. Designs performance management plans and engages in periodic performance reviews. Provides support to and collaborates with project staff and consultants. Maintains active awareness of staff needs and engages in staff development efforts. Leads and motivates all staff to promote a cooperative work environment.
4. Financial Management: Maintains fiduciary responsibility for field office project funds in Kinshasa, with the assistance of an office manager, in accordance with budget limitations and donor contract regulations. Supervises field office financial reporting to ensure appropriate management of field office operational funds in accordance with the Center’s procedures. Manages the Center’s DRC bank accounts.
5. Strategic Program Leadership: Provides analysis and advice to the Carter Center on important programmatic, operational, and substantive issues. Assesses potential risks that might harm the Center’s programs in the DRC, and develops and manages security and risk management plans in consultation with appropriate headquarters staff. Implements responses to security threats.
6. Program Design and Implementation: Provides leadership in the design and implementation of the Human Right House and Citizen Observation projects, in accordance with the Carter Center’s overall DRC initiatives. Works closely with the Associate Directors and Development in preparing new (internal and external) project proposals. Directs and supervises field office staff and expert consultants in Kinshasa to implement all aspects of the programs, working in concert with Atlanta staff. Ensures effective and timely delivery of activity plans.
7. Communication and Reporting: Ensures effective and timely coordination and communication between relevant headquarters and field office staff, as well as between programmatic and administrative teams. In collaboration with relevant field office staff, provides input to or drafts sections of donor and other reports as requested by Atlanta staff. Drafts Carter Center press releases, periodic public statements, and other relevant reports as needed, in consultation with and with the pre-approval of Atlanta-based Associate Directors. Submits written and oral reports to Atlanta staff on a weekly basis.
Comment postulerApplications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, list of three references, and salary requirements to TCCjobsinDRC@gmail.com. When applying, please include “DRC Field Office Director” and the website where you found this posting in the subject line. Only those candidates selected for an interview or additional consideration will be notified by the Center. No phone calls please.
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
63 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui