Chief of Party – FHI 360 – Mali
- Bamako, District de Bamako, Mali
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Management de programme
- Date de l'offre:5 Août 2017
- Annonce expire dans: 16 jours
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party
FHI 360’s Civil Society and Peacebuilding Department (CSPD) supports citizens to mobilize effectively to influence policy, improve lives, and build peace. CSPD works with civil society to increase its credibility, visibility and effectiveness, strengthens the leadership, capacity, and credibility of national and community-based organizations and helps increase the transparency of government agencies at all levels.
CSPD is currently seeking a Chief of Party (CoP) for an anticipated USAID-funded peace and security project in Mali.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The COP will be the project’s senior supervisor in Mali and will oversee all aspects of program performance, both technical and managerial. The COP will be under the supervision of the Washington, DC-based Project Director, with additional technical support from CSPD’s lead technical advisor. The COP will serve as the project’s principal contact point for USAID, and will also be the project’s main contact for political stakeholders and civil society.
The COP will supervise the recruitment, hiring, and supervision of all local staff and consultants. S/he will have overall responsibility in the areas of operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, and financial accounting. Specific job responsibilities will include:
• Serve as the official contact point and providing overall project management and strategic direction for the project;
• Serve as FHI 360’s legal representative in Mali;
• Oversee technical and operational functions for achieving the goals of the project;
• Provide financial management and accountability of all project deliverables;
• Supervise all project personnel, consultants, and other personnel as assigned;
• Monitor project activities for results and maintaining frequent contact with the home office, informing about project progress and actual or potential problems;
• Prepare monthly activity schedules and project reports and submit them on time;
• Manage implementation of the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan;
• Oversee the development of the annual implementation plan, budgets, and other USAID deliverables;
• Provide USAID with progress reports and situational analyses and attend USAID trainings as requested;
• Ensure that managerial, administrative, and financial procedures comply with FHI 360 and USAID policies and procedures and that the project is implemented according to FHI 360 business principles, policies and procedures; bring any issues of risk, liability, or fraud to the immediate attention of the appropriate staff at HQ;
• Serve as a primary point of contact with NGOs, the media, local government officials, and other project stakeholders in Mali;
• Ensure fundamental elements of safety and security management are fullfilled, including a basic level of traning for all project staff.
• Master’s degree or its equivalent in public administration, business administration, international relations or a related field;
• At least 7 years of experience managing donor-funded and/or other development programs related to civil society, with demonstrated experience leading a team to achieve development results;
• At least 5 years senior level experience in civil society, governance, organizational capacity building, advocacy, rule of law, or other related DG sectors;
• Experience managing USAID projects in complex, sensitive environments, and knowledge of USAID programming rules and regulations required;
• Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa required; long-term work or work in Mali or West Africa preferred;
• Substantial knowledge of civil society development strategies, as well as the ability to analyze trends in civil society development and determine how those strategies and trends relate to civil society development in Mali;
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills related to program management, including budget and personnel management, motivating and supervising team efforts, solid performance management, including program planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, and achieving success in complex activities;
• Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and maintaining unbiased and professional working relationships with government officials, civil society partners, and other counterparts and clients;
• Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams required;
• Experience with grants programs highly preferred;
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in English and professional proficiency in French required.
Selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Comment postulerClick here to apply
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
24 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui