Chief of Party/Program Director, Food Security – ACDI/VOCA – Burkina Faso
- Ouagadougou, Centre Region, Burkina Faso
Description du Poste
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 49 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of $151 million.
Chief of Party, Burkina Faso
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID Title II Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Burkina Faso. The DFSA in Burkina Faso is anticipated to be a multi-year $50 million intervention to improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations in the Nord, Centre Nord, Est, and Sahel Regions.
The COP is responsible for overall DFSA program implementation and achievement of activity objectives. He/she will provide leadership, oversight, and support to all aspects of the program. The COP will promote strong relationships with the USAID Mission, the host government, sub-recipient partners and other donor and non-governmental organizations. This position is based in Burkina Faso with in-country travel expected to be over 50% of the time.
• Provide technical leadership and managerial oversight to all aspects of the program, including support in programmatic areas such as improving livelihoods of beneficiaries and promoting improved health and nutrition
• Foster strong relationships with the USAID Mission, host government institutions, and other donor and nongovernmental organizations
• Supervise commodity management, budgeting, pipeline analyses and financial accounting
• Oversee planning sessions, development, refinement and implementation of strategies to improve program performance
• Ensure timeliness of monitoring and evaluation activities and develop reports for donor and ACDI/VOCA management
• Implement the system to ensure accuracy of setting targets, progress tracking, and compliance with evidence of reporting
• Coordinate activities and write annual results report, resource requests, quarterly reports and pipeline analyses
• Directly liaise with the USAID Mission for an update, addressing issues and responding to project-related questions and requests
• Master’s degree in development studies, agriculture, nutrition, public health or related field
• Minimum of ten years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects
• At least three years’ experience managing food security assistance projects of a similar environment and scope in West Africa desired
• Experience managing multi-sectoral food security projects including agricultural development and maternal child health and nutrition
• Proven leadership skills and demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners
• Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming
• Demonstrated skills in meeting programmatic and financial reporting requirements
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French
• Ability to travel within the country and internationally, as required
Comment postulerPlease apply online at acdivoca.org/international-jobs. Applications are reviewed promptly upon receipt, finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
82 vues totales, 2 aujourd'hui