Chief of Party/Project Director for Dakar-based positions – Winrock International -Senegal
Description du Poste
Chief of Party/Project Director for Dakar-based positions.
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of Chief of Party/Project Directorfor a Dakar-based position under the Forestry & Natural Resource Management (FNRM) Unit. The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described in the attached position description. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
POSITION TITLE: Chief of Party/Project Director
LOCATION: Dakar, Senegal
UNIT: Forestry & Natural Resource Management
REPORTS TO: Director, FNRM Unit
Winrock is seeking Chief of Party/Project Director candidates for an anticipated fishery, biodiversity and food security project in Senegal. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
• Provide overall technical leadership and administrative oversight to achieve project results;
• Serve as principal liaison to project donor;
• Oversee and assume responsibility for financial and administrative aspects of the project, including budget management;
• Provide supervision, support, and direction to project- technical and administrative staff, subcontractors, and short-term consultants to ensure effective project implementation across deliverables;
• Administer the project’s financial oversight procedures, ensuring compliance with established Winrock accounting principles and donor regulations;
• Monitor project indicators, evaluate results and advise on improvements in project implementation;
• Identify and mitigate project risk;
• Analyze project impact and challenges to adaptively manage the project to meet or exceed results;
• Ensure women and marginalized groups are included as project beneficiaries;
• Prepare and monitor implementation of annual work plans and progress reports;
• Prepare and submit quarterly reports on progress of activities and achievement of project results to the donor;
• Interact directly and on a regular basis with the donor and other stakeholders;
• Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals;
• Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office;
• Manage relationships with complementary donor projects;
• Represent Winrock at external meetings and events as required and keep Winrock home office informed regarding new opportunities in the country and region.
• Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• Advanced degree required in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Agronomy, Environmental Policy, Earth Sciences, Governance, or relevant fields of study related to the project. PhD in relevant discipline would be a distinct asset.
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in similar position in fields related to results and objectives of the project required for the successful implementation of this project, natural resource management, agroforestry, agriculture, climate change, community development, and governance, as well as an understanding of policy, economics, and market issues in these sectors.
• Proven exceptional leadership as project director or chief of party in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar size and complex international donor support projects with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting.
• Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
• Technical understanding of fisheries, agriculture, and climate change issues, as well as managerial experience in West Africa is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of USAID and other donor policies and procedures as related to project management preferred.
• Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of West Africa strongly preferred.
• Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate projects with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
• Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions.
• Must be comfortable in high-level representational role as well as interacting with beneficiaries.
• Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to effectively coordinate stakeholders.
• Fluency in written and oral English required. Proficiency in French required.
Comment postulerApplicants should go to the “Jobs” link at www.winrock.org and submit a current resume and cover letter referencing “Senegal COP.” This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
In your request, indicate that you had this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
96 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui
Postuler à cette annonce
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez trouvé cette offre d'emploi sur Imaginafrica.net (le job board de l'Afrique).