Communications Specialist – DAI Global – Kenya
- Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
Description du Poste
DAI, a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (KIWASH) project.
The Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a five-year, USAID-funded project to improve lives and health through the development and management of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene services in Kenya. Its purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in specific target counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Communications Specialist will work with the Communications and Marketing Manager in planning, designing and carrying out project communication activities. S/he will be responsible for managing the projects presence in social media and for the creation of content necessary to grow the projects engagement with the sector. S/he will also focus graphics design and development of products for public access and the project’s online platforms including website, Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
Responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
Social media management
• Collect and organize content for the KIWASH website and social media in coordination with technical teams and implementing partners. Proactively make updates across all platforms
• Author brief social media postings with corresponding links and source appropriate images for the postings. Schedule and post social media content as per the content calendar and obtain approvals for content prior to publishing. Monitor and responds to followers’ feedback and inquiries in accordance to established policy
• Ensure brand compliance across all social media assets deployed
• Gather, analyze and report social media performance data and provides insights and actionable recommendations for improving performance over time. KPIs include: reach, engagement and sentiment
Program writing and graphics design
• Solicit for information for success stories from technical team members and sub implementing partners. Draft and/or edit success stories with appropriate photographs for sharing with USAID.
• In consultation with technical teams, draft publicity materials including activity profiles and project factsheet, success stories, case studies, and articles for KIWASH quarterly newsletter.
• Establish photo library using Flickr, prepare updated project presentations, site visit kits and press kits.
• Provide design and layout support for all publications and publicity materials.
• Review the daily press for WASH related topics and news, and share with team based on relevance
• Help establish and maintain a database of project partners by soliciting input from the KIWASH team and key partners, stakeholder meetings and forums.
• Assist with coordination of field events, launches, site visits etc ensuring USAID input and clearance is received in a timely manner.
• Help prepare and update a standard information package on the KIWASH project counties for distribution to the public and the media.
· A degree in the field of communications, marketing, international relations or a related area is desirable. Masters level education in the related fields of journalism, communications or public relations is advantageous.
· At least three years of relevant work experience in the field of communications, social media management, preferably in the development sector. Experience with a USAID is an added advantage.
· Knowledge of MS Office software, web design, HTML and other media software packages (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, video editing software) and photography is required.
· Understanding of the fundamentals of social media content sourcing and experience using Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr for campaigns and organizational outreach.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent inter-personal skills to ensure effective team relations .Strong organizational skills, analytical abilities and initiative to prioritize and complete tasks and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Base of Operations
· Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to the field
· The Communications Specialist will report to the Communications and Marketing Manager.
Comment postulerInterested applicants should apply via the link https://kiwashproject.formstack.com/forms/communications_specialist_2017 by December 2, 2017, 5:00 pm East Africa Local time. Only candidates who send their information by applying through the link and by the deadline will be eligible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
38 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui