Country Manager – Qatar Red Crescent Society – Ethiopia
- Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa, Éthiopie
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Management de programme
- Date de l'offre:18 Avr 2017
- Annonce expire dans: 24 jours
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Country Manager is responsible for ensuring that QRCS’s programs in Ethiopia contribute to QRCS’s vision of “a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been eliminated and people live with dignity and security”. Qatar Red Crescent Society (QRCS) invests in support the building of resilience of local communities – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. around the world, we give local and vulnerable communities, the opportunity to strengthen their resilience. By transforming local communities’ lives now, we change the course of their future. We are currently recruiting for a Country Manager to lead a two-year program, which will be composed of 3 key sectors namely Shelter, WASH and livelihood support that combine into a rapid response mechanism to be managed by QRCS and its local partners.
He/she must possess exceptional political acumen, diplomacy and negotiating skills to succeed in Ethiopia’s complex operating and political environment.
The Country Manager (CM) will be responsible for managing all aspects of the program, providing overall technical, administrative, operational, and logistical management, with a focus on achieving the results defined in this multi-year agreement. The CM is accountable for both the program quality and for the effective financial and operational management thereof. The CM will also serve as the liaison with the Ethiopian federal government representatives, donors, partner agencies and local institutions and communities and will serve as the primary representative in Ethiopia. The CM will ensure overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation and the timely submission of all deliverables to QRCS, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, semi-annual reports, and annual reports as required. This is done through effective grant management to local partners and the monitoring and supervision of said sub grant implementation.
This position supervises and provide technical support to local partners thus there is a strong importance attached to performance management and critical oversight of key support functions, creating and fostering a culture and environment for growth and mentoring. Together with the local partners, s/he is responsible for developing and maintaining good working relationships with relevant government institutions at central and decentralized levels, with donors and other partners.
Please note that this position will only be filled if the funding is awarded by the donor.
• Program quality and program development.
• Program management.
• Monitoring and evaluation for impact measurement and knowledge management, reflective practice and learning.
• External relations and partnerships for programming purposes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in public nutrition or health, agriculture, international development, public administration, or related field is highly desirable.
• Minimum eight years of professional experience in implementing development programs, with a minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership role in a large scale multi-years intervention
• At least four years of work experience in Africa
• Experience in project implementation as well as strong managerial and operational leadership
• Expertise in nutrition and WASH sectors, and/or commodity management, is ideal
• Experience in the management of sub-awards is preferred
• Strengths in inspiring and enabling others through teamwork, training, and capacity building to realize organizational objectives
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Familiarity with the political, social, cultural, humanitarian and donor context of Ethiopia is ideal.
QRCS is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
• Being flexible with a great ability to adapt to changing situations and readiness to work in different context and challenging environments is required
• Must be able to work independently and in a small team. Team player skills is essential
• Confidence in situations of stress, and able to handle a heavy and varied workload
• Excellent communication, coordination as well as networking and facilitation skills
• Being structured and understanding that careful preparation and ownership is key to achieving results
• Good cultural understanding and the ability to build the confidence of partners in a challenging and politically sensitive environment are essential.
• Strong interpersonal and coordination skills
• An excellent communicator, with good negotiation skills and a diplomatic flair.
• Full proficiency in Microsoft Office package and a valid international driving license.
The delegate will report to QRCS’s Head of Africa Desk, Doha, Qatar.
The duty station is Addis Abba, Ethiopia with frequent travel to areas of operations (30% of time).
Comment postulerapply here
In your application, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
28 vues totales, 3 aujourd'hui