Country Program Director – Help a Child – Kenya
- Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
Description du Poste
Help a Child Africa (HACA) is currently recruiting a
Country Program Director, based in Nairobi, Kenya
Help a Child (HaC) is a Christian international NGO specialized in community development with its headquarters in the Netherlands. Since 2009 HaC has been operating in Kenya as Help a Child Africa (HACA). Founded in 1968, HaC’s mission is to improve the wellbeing of children through supportive communities. Based on our 2016-2020 global strategy, Youth & Work, Early Childhood Development and Group Empowerment are priority sectors.
The Country Program Director (CPD) is responsible for the long term and overall success of HaC’s country program, that currently consists of a number of projects that are mainly situated in the Western and Eastern parts of Kenya. Furthermore, the CPD is responsible for managing the local office, including team management & development and quality control & evaluation. The CPD manages a small and increasing number of staff. Together with the External Relations Manager the CPD is the key external representative of HaC in the communities and towards other stakeholders, including donors. Upon request, the CPD provides support to HaC programs in neighbouring countries.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Develop and implement the strategic country plan aimed at strategic growth, in line with HaC’s mandate, strategy and Theory of Change.
• Manage the day-to-day affairs of HACA, including HR of national staff.
• Manage existing and new programs and ensure that these are in line with strategy, operational plans and budgets.
• Identify, create and capitalize on funding opportunities for further growth of the country portfolio.
• Successfully invest in and expand networks of relevant stakeholders, including foreign embassies, donor representatives and Kenyan national/ local government entities.
• Represent HaC at key (international) events as appropriate.
• End-responsible for sound financial management and control of the administrative and financial organization.
• Ex officio member of the board of HACA.
• 10+ years of senior Program Management experience with community development, preferably in a similar position.
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree in a relevant field.
• Demonstrated experience in building personal and professional networks at a senior level.
• Proven track record in identifying, creating and capitalizing on funding opportunities.
• Good understanding of program, financial and operational management processes.
• Experience in building, leading and developing a growing team.
• Experience in working with a Theory of Change as frame work.
• Experience in managing safety & security needs.
• Results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and urgency.
• Strong communication skills in English, both verbally and written.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity.
• Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of Help a Child.
• Full support for the vision and mission of Help a Child.
We offer a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. You will be offered a one year contract. Depending on your performance and fit with the program and staff involved, the contract will be extended.
Comment postulerInterested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter and resume no later than March 27th, 2017 to email@example.com. In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for wanting to become part of Help a Child, being a child centred and Christian organization. For more information, please contact Mr. David Karelse, Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Help a Child, please visit https://www.helpachild.org.
In your application, please specify that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
38 vues totales, 2 aujourd'hui