Country Program Manager – American Refugee Committee International – Sudan
- Khartoum, Khartoum, Soudan
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Management de programme
- Date de l'offre:10 Août 2017
- Annonce expire dans: 13 jours
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
POSITION TITLE: Country Program Manager
DEPARTMENT OR COUNTRY PROGRAM: Darfur, Sudan
RESPONSIBLE TO: Country Director
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: Sector Coordinators
DATE: August 2017
Who we are
American Refugee Committee is and always has been about amazing global citizens taking action to change our world. Today, we’re facing challenging global humanitarian crises that require 21st Century solutions. But we’ve found that co-creating together with impassioned, dedicated people, limited only by their own imaginations, remains the key to designing new solutions that resonate. We still believe that ARC should exist, first and foremost, as a platform for realizing the goodwill of everyday people – people from Sweden to Somalia, Minnesota to Malaysia, Uganda to the U.S.
We’ve found that something incredible will result as long as we begin the journey with amazing people, agree on a destination and move together towards it transparently and open to possibility.
If you are looking for a job, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a place where you can unleash your creativity, leverage your experience and that of those around you, we invite you to join us.
What we do in Sudan
The American Refugee Committee (ARC) Sudan Program started in 2004 in response to the emergency needs of some 500,000 conflict-affected IDPs and host populations in the Tulus and Gereida corridors in South Darfur. The program has grown to include more areas such as Alsalam and Bielel in South Darfur; and Elferdous, Alsalaya and El Daein localities including Adilla, East Darfur. The overall aim of the program is to improve the well-being of the target populations by addressing their immediate humanitarian needs and contributing to long-term community stabilization.
In conjunction with the Head Office in Khartoum, the field offices in Nyala, El Daein and Adilla support the delivery of primary health care services at 28 rehabilitated community clinics which include Kalma camp, Gereida camp and Elneem camp, in addition to reaching out with mobile clinic services to 5 remote communities in which health facilities have not yet been rehabilitated. Water and sanitation services, including the construction/rehabilitation of boreholes, water yards, household and institutional latrines and hygiene promotion, are also delivered in over 70 conflict-affected communities. Sector interventions in the communities in Health, Nutrition, WASH, NFI, Livelihoods and Food Security support both resettling IDPs and their host populations.
With an annual budget of between US$7-10m, the Sudan Program has some 10 expatriates and over 630 national staff some of who are seconded from the line Ministries of the Sudan government.
What you will do as Country Program Manager
The Country Program Manager (CPM) is responsible for providing technical and managerial leadership for program development and management in ARC Sudan, ensuring timely achievement of program goals and objectives, quality outcomes and effective use of resources. S/he will ensure program quality, effectiveness and accountability, in accordance with humanitarian assistance core standards, program sector technical standards, donor requirements, host country regulations, and ARC’s organizational mission, standards and operating principles.
This position will be based in Khartoum with regular field visits to strengthen ARC’s presence and participation in the humanitarian community at the state and federal levels, with particular emphasis on increasing ARC’s technical network and profile in Khartoum.
As a key ARC liaison for donors, host government official, and UN/multi-sector coordination focal points, the CPM is responsible for representing ARC in all relevant technical/sector coordination meetings in Khartoum, and provide feedback/advice to field technical and program staff, and to the CD.
The CPM has direct responsibility for program development, design, and resource acquisition, following high standards, timeliness and effectiveness. S/he will provide final review of all proposals, concept notes and reports, prior to submission to HQs and donors. The CPM will also oversee the coordination and preparation of all reports to donors. S/he will provide final review of reports, ensuring accuracy of content and timeliness of report submission.
As a member of the ARC Sudan Senior Leadership Team, the CPM will assist the Country Director in shaping the strategic direction of the ARC Sudan program, ensuring quality programs are designed and implemented. S/he will directly supervise the senior technical coordinators. The CPM will be responsible for capacity building of national staff in proposal development.
Your day to day responsibilities
Strengthening ARC’s Networking and Coordination 15%
• Coordinate and communicate with key actors: donors, host government, international agencies and NGOs.
• Attend relevant monthly program sector technical coordination meetings in Khartoum, in coordination with the Sector Heads.
• In coordination with the Sector Heads, strengthen ARC’s technical relationships with relevant line Ministries (Health, Water, Agriculture and others) at the federal level through regular meetings, consultations and updates on ARC programs.
• Facilitate clear and timely links between technical/coordination discussions in Khartoum and similar discussions in the field ensuring that ARC staff on both sides are better informed and adequately prepared to participate.
• Regularly attend INGO forum meetings with CD and represent ARC at such meetings whenever the CD is absent.
• Assist the Country Director in shaping the strategic direction of the ARC Sudan program, ensuring quality programs are designed and implemented.
• Develop a Resource Acquisition Strategy, in line with ARC Country Strategy and Program Development Plan, to effectively support delivery of programs.
• Lead discussions and initiatives on program expansion to new locations, with relevant government authorities, potential donors and other stakeholders, in close consultations with the Country Director and the Finance Director.
• Actively participate in Senior Leadership Team meetings, contributing to problem-solving and decision-making on policy and strategic direction.
• Work collaboratively with senior colleagues across the organization to achieve organizational outcomes.
• Provide final edits on Technical Agreements, HAC reports, program summaries, information leaflets and brochures
• Conduct performance appraisals and identify training needs for direct reports.
• Coach and mentor team members to enable them to take on leadership roles.
Program Development 20%
• With support from HQs Program Advisors, Technical Leads and the Country Director, lead all aspects of proposal development -conceptualizing, design, preparation, revision, submission- ensuring staff participation, and community and partner involvement, including budget development throughout the process.
• Facilitate interactions between ARC key program and business functions staff, to develop high quality proposals and secure funding from traditional and non-traditional donors, including local funding for emergency and recovery projects from UNDP, UNICEF, CHF (Common Humanitarian Fund) and other UN pipelines.
• Proactively research and analyze industry trends, donor strategies and funding priorities, and facilitate needs assessment, as appropriate. Track and relay intelligence on funding opportunities to staff in a timely manner.
• Follow up with donor(s) and partner(s) after proposal submission for debrief, and disseminate key lessons learned to all relevant parties.
• Engage staff, partners and communities in the development of an exit strategy that ensures the sustainability of capacity building initiatives of the projects.
Program Implementation & Accountability 25%
• Ensure programs are aligned with ARC Country Strategy and contractual obligations of awarded grants, program sector standards, and humanitarian guidelines.
• Facilitate the provision of technical guidance and support, to staff and partners, on all Health, Nutrition, WASH, Environment, Livelihood & Food Security related issues, to ensure quality, cost-effectiveness, sustainability, and impact soundness in their implementation.
• Proactively monitor program implementation, promptly reporting unexpected delays, costs or quality issues, and resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
• Plan, organize and coordinate the program activities across program sectors, ensuring complementary approaches, on-time, on-budget, on-target project activities and deliverables for accomplishing short and long-term project goals.
• Closely work with the MEAL Coordinator to ensure that adequate M&E tools and processes are in place, and facilitate the adoption of harmonized methodologies for monitoring and reporting.
• Ensure budget holders have the knowledge and tools to comply with donor requirements and ARC grant management guidelines and are able to manage their BVAs.
• Provide opportunities for effective learning, sharing, and innovation, through reflection and regular dialogue among program teams.
• Conduct regular visits to field offices and project sites to monitor program performance. Provide feedback to staff on gaps and areas for improvement and identify needs for ongoing capacity building.
• Design and manage calendar of reports due and individual timelines for all grants, to ensure staff is aware of and understand reporting requirements and deadlines
• Conduct comprehensive reviews/edits on all program narrative and financial reports, and other documents to ensure quality of before submission, to ensure quality control and conformity with ARC and donor needs.
• Provide regular program updates to HQ and in country offices of ARC donors.
The skills and experience we are seeking
• 7-10 years’ international experience, preferably in relief/development work with major responsibilities for program representation, program design and program accountability.
• Preferably a Masters’ degree in Public Health or Development Studies, Social Sciences, International Relations, etc. with a strong Public Health or WASH technical background.
• Strong leadership skills, proven experience in strategic planning, overseeing large programs and ability to effect and manage change effectively.
• Knowledge of humanitarian response, transitional and development program concepts, policies, frameworks, standards and strategies.
• Proficient in developing project-level Theories of Change, results frameworks, M&E systems and implementation of qualitative and quantitative assessments in community settings.
• Demonstrated experience in program design, planning and implementation, including proposal writing, budgeting, value for money, and participatory program approaches.
• Demonstrated advanced communications, presentation and inter-personal skills, including fluency in written and spoken English
• Experience working with and coordinating with donors including USAID (OFDA), UNICEF, UNDP, UNFPA, WHO, WFP, pooled funds/CHF, and private foundations.
• Experience and with working and coordinating with INGOs, national NGOs and government agencies and working with local partners.
• Experience working in Northern Sudan or similar environments preferred.
Qualities top candidates will possess
• Analytical and creative thinking for rapid solutions
• Good communicator with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills to deal with persons of various cultural and educational backgrounds.
• High ethical
• Working and living with multi-national staff
• Willingness to travel to remote locations; field travel involves 40% of the time.
• Team player and service oriented
• Culturally sensitive
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Comment postulerCLICK HERE TO APPLY: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=obZM5fwL&s=ReliefWeb
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
41 vues totales, 3 aujourd'hui