Country Programme Representative – SNV Niger
- Niamey, Niamey Urban Community, Niger
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Administration
- Date de l'offre:8 Nov 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
In Africa, SNV is present in 15 countries, including Niger. Its interventions in Niger began in 1978. At SNV Niger, our objective is to support local actors and strengthen their performance so that they work fully to reduce poverty and contribute to good governance. SNV Niger is currently implementing a portfolio of projects in the sectors of Agriculture, Water and Sanitation and Energy – three enormous global challenges that have a strong impact on the poor and are closely linked to climate change. In each of the sectors, SNV has been paying particular attention to the mainstreaming of gender, youth and employment, governance and climate change. Currently, we have offices in Niamey and relays in Maradi and Zinder and we work directly with subcontractors in all the other regions of Niger, Agadez, Diffa, Tahoua, Tillabéry and Dosso.
Under the supervision of the Country Director based in Mali, you will be responsible for the overall day-to-day management of the country’s programme. You will supervise projects and Project Managers and will facilitate back office support for all projects. You will be based in Niamey.
• Supervise project planning, budgeting and reporting and contribute to the development of the country’s strategic and annual plans;
• Supervise the quality of project implementation and coordinate preparing project narratives, financial and evaluation reports;
• Ensure good quality management information;
• Facilitate administrative and financial support to projects and provide solutions to obstacles;
• Lead and coach the team of SNV Niger, monitor and coach staff to increase performance;
• Propose and develop relevant partnerships with stakeholders;
• Steer business development and communication activities of SNV Niger, in conjunction with sectoral focal points and project managers.
• Master’s Degree in Project Management, Development Studies or related field;
• Proven track record with over 10 years of experience coordinating and managing programmes;
• Experience in managing multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
• Experience in governance, decentralization and advocacy;
• Experience in strategy and policy development in an international organisation;
• Ability to think strategically, to plan and organise teamwork and work in a network with partners;
• Ability to demonstrate neutrality in a crisis context and to move towards consensus in a sensitive situation;
• Proven track record in successfully acquiring competitive funding for projects;
• Knowledge of mobilisation and political motivations of Youth is considered an asset;
• Excellent communication, reporting and presentation skills with experience in profiling an organisation in French and advanced skills in English;
• Entrepreneurial, result-oriented and ability to work under pressure;
• Knowledgeable about the context of Sahel countries.
SNV offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. You benefit from and contribute to an internal global network of development experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
Please apply by completing your application in our in-house recruitment system before 27 November 2017.
Comment postulerCliquez ici pour postuler
Dans votre demande, indiquez que vous avez obtenu cette opportunité sur imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
72 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui