Deputy Chief of Party – University of Rhode Island – Senegal
- Dakar, Dakar, Sénégal
Description du Poste
Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP)
The University of Rhode Island, Coastal Resources Center, is recruiting applicants for the position of Deputy Chief of Party to co-lead a USAID-funded project in marine fisheries, biodiversity conservation and livelihood development that is anticipated to start sometime after April 2018. This position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and candidate approvals by the donor.
Responsibilities: The DCoP is responsible for carrying out day–to–day activities as designated by the CoP to achieve the goals, objectives and results of the Project. The DCoP acts as the main Project representative with USAID, government agencies, and other stakeholders in the absence of the CoP or when designated by the CoP.
· Carry out day-to-day management of assigned key result areas of responsibility, including supervision of field staff, subcontractors, and local consultants involved in those key result areas.
· Provide ongoing information on activity status, progress and required adjustments to the CoP.
· Assist the CoP in preparation of periodic progress reports (including review of relevant financial statements and quarterly progress reports to USAID), as well as contributions to working papers and technical reports.
· Assist in preparing terms of reference and international and local contracts for local advisors/consultants/ sub-contractors in conjunction with the CoP.
· Co-ordinate and consult with project related subcontractors, counterpart government agencies, district officials, and working groups to ensure their smooth functioning.
· Conduct task planning and scheduling of work plan activities and co-ordination with partner agencies and other stakeholders.
· Review all substantive Program outputs and publications for quality assurance
· Complete annual personnel evaluations with project junior staff and assist the CoP with personnel evaluations of senior staff.
· Assume other duties as may be assigned by the CoP.
· A record of exemplary professional experience in fields related to marine resources management.
· Direct experience or knowledge of sub-Saharan fisheries, and coastal and marine resource management issues required
· An advanced graduate degree (Ph.D. preferred) in a related technical or management field
· Ability to work collaboratively with government stakeholders, international donors, and local partners at the national and sub-national levels
· Minimum of ten years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development, preferably in West Africa
· Experience with USAID programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and French required.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Comment postulerApplication Instructions: To apply, submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (all in English) to the following emails: Kim Kaine (email@example.com) and Oriana Rose (firstname.lastname@example.org) Subject line must state: DEPUTY COP Senegal Fisheries Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. URI is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of affirmative action
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
105 vues totales, 2 aujourd'hui