Deputy Team Leader – Palladium International – Mozambique
- Maputo, Cidade de Maputo, Mozambique
Description du Poste
A Technical Assistance and Innovation Facility (TAIF) will be established to provide assistance, build capacity and drive forward innovations in social protection systems for the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Action (MGCAS) and the National Institute for Social Action (INAS). The TAIF will support strengthening of government capacity, innovation in key areas, focusing on developing public works assets that contribute to climate resilience, and support the introduction of a new Early Childhood Grant (ECG).
The Deputy Team Leader will organise and supervise the work of the project office in Maputo to meet the deliverables of the project, requirements of Palladium and programme objectives. The DTL position is a representative of Palladium and as such ensures that risks are minimised, company policies, processes and procedures are adhered to, and the project is compliant with client policies, rules and regulations.
The DTL will provide support to the Team Leader (TL), oversee selected staff and manage specific programme work streams. The DTL will act in place of TL when TL absent. The DTL will report to the TL on programme strategy, adaptive management practices, communications and research to support programme goals.
Strategic and Operational Planning:
• Supports the Team Leader in preparation of the annual strategic plans; operational work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans and other plans as required;
• Ensures appropriate consultation in the development of operational plans and budgets (including consultation with the Project Director, Project Operations Manager, the Client and other project stakeholders);
• Ensures the programme is at the cutting edge of exciting and innovative programming, including underpinned by a robust theory of change, political economy analysis, and adopts adaptive management approaches in response
• Provides to project team members operational guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, outputs and deliverables
• Provides operational guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, outputs and deliverables;
• Assumes responsibility for administrative, operational and financial support required for the effective implementation of work plans on time, within budget, meeting client and stakeholder expectations and contractually compliant;
• Supports Team Leader in maintaining an up to date logs of issues and risks; works to resolve issues, manages and mitigates risks; and escalates material issues and risks as appropriate;
Human Resource Management:
• Leads, guides, mentors and manages the performance of direct reports and ensures appropriate leadership, guidance, mentorship and management of other operations staff;
• Participates as required in HR management including but not limited to recruitment and contracting, performance management, disciplinary and grievance proceedings, and learning and development;
Financial Management and Administration:
• Ensures consistent implementation of company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines, Security Protocols and, where applicable, recommend modifications;
• Ensures the project provides and demonstrates good value for money;
• Supports the preparation and delivery to the client of budget variations and contract amendments;
Client Relationship and Stakeholder Management:
• Represents and promote legitimate commercial interests of the company;
• Maintains excellent working relationship with the client and supports the Team Leader in Client communications and in agreement of the programme’s strategy, plans, resource requirements and any other contract amendments required;
• Manages relationships with business partners, Palladium’s programme implementing partners and other project stakeholders as appropriate;
• Maintains regular communication with relevant stakeholders and ensure that reporting and critical programme issues are resolved in a timely manner;
• Post-secondary qualification in relevant field e.g. social policy, administration,
• At least 5-8 years’ experience working in a senior position on social development, social policy, livelihoodsissues or in another related field
• Demonstrated management capability of large donor programmes, overseeing programme, budgets and staff.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
• Portuguese language skills
• Post-graduate qualification
• Experience managing programmes that have used flexible and adaptive approaches
• Familiarity with DFID programme management, reporting, and systems.
Key competencies and professional expertise required
• Successful track record in delivery of complex programmes
• Strong track record in project operations or business management and administration
• Excellent leadership, representation and organisational skills
• Strong management and people handling skills
• Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports
• Ability to operate in complex situations
• Ability to foster successful partnership approaches and relationships among a variety of organisations/institutions
• Excellent English language communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across technical disciplines
Comment postulerPlease follow this link to apply:here
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
200 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui