Education Officer Emergency – UN Children’s Fund – Egypt
Description du Poste
Purpose for the job: Under the supervision of the Chief, Education Section or Education Specialist, the Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for education programs/projects within the Country Program from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate program development, implementation, program progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
• Support to program development and planning
• Contribute to the preparation/update of situation analysis for the program sector/s for development, design and management of education related programs/projects. Research and report on development trends and (economic, social, health etc) data for use in program development, management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results.
• Contribute to the development/establishment of sectoral program goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of education and other related information for development planning and priority and goal setting.
• Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical, program, operational and administrative transactions, preparing related materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support program planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
• Program management, monitoring and delivery of results.
• Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to discuss operational and implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations and/or alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision. Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
• Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programs/projects and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
• Monitor and report on the use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocation/goals, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity. Report on critical issues/findings to ensure timely resolution by management/stakeholders. Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution.
• Draft regular/mandated sectoral program/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
• Technical and operational support to program implementation
• Conduct regular program field visits and surveys and/or exchange information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support, take appropriate action to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
• Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices on education and related issues to support program implementation, operations and delivery of results.
• Networking and partnership building
• Build effective working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate program implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programs.
• Draft communication and information materials for CO program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for education programs.
• Participate in appropriate inter-agency (UNCT) meetings/events on programming to collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on UNDAF operational planning and preparation of education programs/projects and to integrate and harmonize UNICEF position and strategies with the UNDAF development and planning process.
• Research information on potential donors and prepare resource mobilization materials and briefs for fund raising and partnership development purposes.
• Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
• Contribute to identifying and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders.
• Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of sustainable program results.
• Research and report on best practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems.
• Participate as resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
Impact of Results
The efficiency and efficacy of support provided by the Officer to program preparation and planning and implementation of programs/projects, contribute to achievement of sustainable results to improve learning outcomes and equitable, inclusive and universal access to education. Success in education programs and projects in turn contribute to maintaining/enhancing the credibility and ability of UNICEF to provide program services for mothers and children that promotes greater social equality in the country
Competencies required (based on UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
• Diversity and inclusion
• Working with people
• Drive for results
• Formulating strategies and concepts
• Applying technical expertise
• Learning and researching
• Planning and organizing
A University Degree in education, psychology, sociology or other social science field is required.
A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in education and related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in education and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset
Comment postulerUNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=509230
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
141 vues totales, 3 aujourd'hui
Postuler à cette annonce
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez trouvé cette offre d'emploi sur Imaginafrica.net (le job board de l'Afrique).