Epidemic Preparedness/Recovery Delegate – Danish Red Cross – Guinea
- Kankan, Guinée
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Santé
- Date de l'offre:21 Déc 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Danish Red Cross (DRC) has been working in close partnership with Guinea Red Cross (GRC) since 2008. Several projects within especially maternal and reproductive health including WASH have been supported in Moyenne Guinée. Since 2016 this support takes place through a consortium with British and Swiss Red Cross.
A new consortium with American Red Cross started in 2017 in Epidemic Preparedness/Community Based Surveillance and recovery as a consequence of Ebola. DRC is now looking for an Epidemic Preparedness Programme Delegate for this project. The project is funded by American Red Cross and focus is on Haute Guinea, with similar activities in another project in Moyenne Guinée. All partner support is provided in line with Guinea Red Cross strategy focusing on reinforced development of the Guinean civil society. Government partners, espec. Ministry of Health in Guinea, Movement partners IFRC, ICRC, Red Cross Societies as well as non-Movement partners are part of the joint coordination of Guinea Red Cross activities. IFRC will simultaneously join in technical and delegate support, and the project therefore becomes a pilot for a World Wide IFRC Epidemic Preparedness project.
The project will provide support in overall management and focus on the development of an epidemic preparedness/surveillance capacity and general resilience of the populations in an environmentally and socio-economically difficult situation. The project will contribute to the Consortium’s capacity also to work regionally within epidemic preparedness, surveillance and resilience linking up to projects in neighboring countries.
• Provide technical support to GRC in Epidemic Preparedness/Community Based Surveillance (CBS), data collection, project management and activities like hygiene, psychosocial support for volunteers(PSS) and beneficiaries as well as ensure progress on programme implementation in Haute Guinea
• Undertake frequent field monitoring visits and identify needs for monitoring.
• Provide inputs to and coordinate the development of programme documents as well as quarterly narrative and financial project reports before submitting to Country Coordinator or regional office.
• Responsible for the timely submission of the annual reports for the projects per donor formats (Progress reports, Annual Thematic reports).
• Develop new programme ideas and concepts and explore local fundraising possibilities and initiate relevant funding applications together with GRC and Country Coordinator (CC) in agreement with Head of Region (HoR)
• Budget monitoring, review and approval of project expenses and coordinate and contribute to the preparation of financial audits of the project
• Assume interim of the Country Coordinator during her absence
• Contribute to build the capacity of GRC staff in strategic approaches in thematic areas (CBS, Hygiene, PSS) and in overall programme management and Project/Programme Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning(PMEAL)
• Support the immediate DRC response in case of a disaster
• Participate in the recruitment of any local consultant for the project in collaboration with the CC and GRC
The ideal candidate holds a Master’s Degree in Health or fields related to Epidemic Preparedness/Surveillance, Development Studies, Social Science, Project Management, Disaster Management.
• 3 years of relevant international experience in at least one of the following technical areas Epidemic Preparedness, CBS, WASH, (PSS), PMER
• Field experience in project management, coordination, training, formulation, design and planning of development projects.
• Experience working for a humanitarian aid organization
• Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement experience an advantage.
• Experience in capacity building of local partners preferred.
• Ability to work within a partnership set up where decisions need consensus.
• Experience in the Sahel/West Africa context is an advantage
• Strong technical knowledge within one, two or several areas within Epidemic Preparedness, CBS, WASH, PSS, PMER, DM, Volunteer management
• Good understanding of organizational development, particularly in the context of Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies and branches, would be an advantage.
• Knowledge on certain areas within epidemiological surveillance, health, Psychosocial support or resilience initiatives
• Knowledge in project cycle and financial management.
• Good communications skills, networking and facilitation skills
• Very good planning/analytical skills
• Must be able to work independently and in a small team. Team player skills are essential.
• Capacity to live and work at field level.
• Confidence in situations of stress, and able to handle a heavy but varied workload.
• Good cultural understanding and the ability to build the confidence and cope with challenging cultural working environment are essential.
• Strong interpersonal and coordination skills.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in French and English are a must.
• Full proficiency in Microsoft Office package
• Valid international driving license.
The delegate will report to DRC Country Coordinator and provide updates to the Head of Region in Dakar, Senegal.
The duty station is Conakry with frequent visits to Kankan. The starting date of the assignment is as soon as possible and preferably 1st of Febr. 2017. The position is a non-family position. The length of the contract will be 1 year. The contract will be administered in accordance with the Danish Red Cross Terms and Conditions for Delegates. The monthly salary including allowances and pension according to DRC rules is within the range of DKK 39,700 and 41,900 depending on experience and qualifications.
Please refer to the Job description and for further details you may contact Head of Region, Frode Kirk on tel. +221 77 639 87 25, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Desk officer Elise Bjerkrheim, tel. +45 35 25 93 43, mail (email@example.com)
Comment postulerClick on Send Application below, to send your written motivation letter in English and upload your CV, after creating a profile. Deadline for applications is 10th of January, 2018. Interviews are expected shortly after.Send application
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
40 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui