Evaluation Director, Evaluate for Improved Impact – Management Systems International – Zambia
- Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambie
Description du Poste
Evaluation Director, Evaluate for Improved Impact, Zambia
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is a leader in monitoring and evaluation for development projects worldwide. We currently hold 13 support services contracts for monitoring, evaluation and research for 13 USAID missions and bureaus, 11 of which are in Africa, Asia, South Asia and the Middle East. We also provide consulting services in monitoring and evaluation for other US Government agencies, non-profits and private foundations. Our Strategic Management and Performance Improvement Practice Area works in all sectors and aspects of development work. We work as a collegium and our technical staff in both the home and field offices provide support, expertise and new ideas to each other so that we are able to deliver high quality services and products to our clients.
Proposal Summary: MSI anticipates an upcoming proposal for a five-year evaluation and research support services contract to support USAID/Zambia’s Health Office. The objectives are: 1) to conduct evaluations, operations research and assessments across the health portfolio (Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Health Systems Strengthening, Maternal Health, and Family Planning); and 2) build the monitoring, evaluation and research capacity of the USAID Mission, its grantees and local Zambian institutions.
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position.
Position Summary: The Evaluation Director will be a member of the senior management team. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of all work associated with evaluations and operations research and assessments. Evaluations may be either performance (formative and summative) or impact evaluations. Operations research will address questions related to improving project implementation and strategies. The position is based in Lusaka, with travel throughout Zambia as necessary. S/he will report to the Chief of Party.
• Serve as a key focal point for USAID and partner staff for evaluations and research.
• Lead the design of evaluations and operations research, working closely with clients to meet their needs and requirements.
• Lead and/or supervise the design of evaluation and research plans.
• Identify and recruit candidates and partners for evaluations and research.
• Supervise teams and staff working on evaluations and research to ensure on time high quality deliverables.
• Supervise the development of qualitative and quantitative instruments.
• Serve as lead analyst and/or reviewer of results of surveys and other field data.
• Oversee and approve evaluation, assessment and survey draft reports.
• Present evaluation and research findings
• As part of the senior leadership team, manage staff to ensure smooth workflow.
• A Master’s Degree or foreign equivalent public health, epidemiology, demography, development studies, social sciences, or related field; Ph.D., is preferred.
• Minimum twelve (12) years’ progressive experience in designing, managing, and analyzing the results of evaluations of and research for development projects in the health sector;
• Minimum seven (7) years of experience in the design and analysis of surveys, including sampling design, statistical methods and statistical analysis.
• Demonstrated experience using qualitative methods such as key informant interviews, focus group discussions, outcome harvesting, and analysis.
• Served as principal investigator or team leader on evaluations or assessments.
• Supervisory experience of staff.
• Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills required to develop and maintain working relationships with national and international partners.
• Enjoys working with and managing teams.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Strong technical writing skills required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Comment postulerTo apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
In your request, please specify that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
300 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui