Expert in Statistical Capacity Development for Gender Analysis and strengthening national capacity to collect, analyse and disseminate statistics on children (Category I)
Description du Poste
Project title Consultancy Services for the elaboration of the Gender Equality Bill and Children’s Bill, Adoption Bill & Capacity Building for the Ministry of Gender Equality, Child Development and Family Welfare of the Republic of Mauritius
Position Expert in Statistical Capacity Development for Gender Analysis and strengthening national capacity to collect, analyse and disseminate statistics on children (Category I)
Objectives The specific objectives of the assignment are to support the Government of the Republic of Mauritius to:
· prepare a draft bill for Gender Equality;
· design and conduct a Capacity Building Programme for Gender Mainstreaming in the Republic of Mauritius and empower Gender Focal Persons of line Ministries to adopt a gender perspective whilst formulating their programmes and policies within their respective Ministries;
· prepare a draft Children’s Bill in collaboration with the local consultant;
· prepare a draft Adoption Bill in line with the legislative guidance drawn from the Consultant of the Permanent Bureau on the Hague Conference on Private International Law;
· design and conduct statistical capacity development for Gender Analysis; and
· strengthen national capacity to collect, analyse and disseminate statistics on children.
Experts profile · At least a Master’s degree with a major in Statistics, covering Gender and Development policy development and methodology.
· At least 12 years’ experience in the field of gender statistics, statistics related to children and statistical data-aided policy development with Government Agencies;
· Minimum of 5 years of experience and skills for capacity building and knowledge transfer;
· Knowledge and practical didactic and training experience in combined area of data collection, analysis and gender and statistics related to children;
· Proven skills and attitudes to handle diversity and cultural sensitivities in addressing gender issues;
· Proven ability to facilitate policy dialogue and convene high level consultations/meetings;
· Knowledge and understanding of development challenges in developing countries such as Mauritius;
· Ability to work independently, under pressure and meeting tight multiple deadlines with minimum supervision;
· Ability to operate in team and adjust in new environment;
· Report writing and documentation skills ;
· Computer proficiency : MS Office applications, Statistical Software;
· Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate fluently in English (written and spoken). French is an advantage but not a requirement.
Number of working days 30
Project start 15/01/2018
Apply by 15/10/2017
Comment postulerApplications and updated CV should be submitted to email@example.com or http://www.europlus.sk
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
136 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui
Postuler à cette annonce
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez trouvé cette offre d'emploi sur Imaginafrica.net (le job board de l'Afrique).