Field Officer Accountability – Catholic Relief Services – Egypt
- Cairo Governorate, Égypte
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Suivi & Evaluation
- Date de l'offre:13 Déc 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Catholic Relief Services
Europe/Middle East and Central Asia Region
Position Title: Field Officer – Accountability
Department: Country Program
Compensation Band: C1 (Global Band 5)
Reports to: Youth/ Child Protection Program Manager
The CRS Egypt country program began in 1956 at the invitation of the Egyptian president Nasser by providing relief assistance to the victims of the Suez War. Over the following few decades, CRS Egypt moved from large-scale food relief to long-term poverty alleviation and development programs. CRS Egypt works in a wide variety of areas within the development field.
Currently, CRS Egypt has three main programs: the livelihoods program, interfaith peacebuilding program and the education assistance program for refugees. Projects under these programs range from the provision of technical assistance and capacity building to partners, and promoting peace and tolerance, to educational grants for refugees, and the protection of children who are victims of trafficking. Additional programming includes Emergency Preparedness and Response projects that arise as need be. A regional Management Quality unit assists the country program support department in developing and maintaining the highest level of operations standards.
CRS Egypt currently holds a main office in Cairo, and a sub-office in Maadi.
You will serve as the Accountability focal point for the Egypt Country program. Accountability, both to our donors and to our beneficiaries is a way of ensuring transparency, and making sure that our interventions are as responsive as possible to community needs. Not only is accountability a way of responding to feedback and complaints, but it is a broader principle which ensures that communities are consulted at design stage and continue to be involved throughout the project cycle.
• Coordinate with project MEAL staff to collect and follow up on beneficiary accountability data.
• Produce monthly reports which summarize trends in beneficiary feedback.
• Log, triage, and respond to feedback received through neutral feedback mechanisms.
• Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, partners, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
• Support capacity building events for project beneficiaries, partners and other relevant stakeholders on the topics of accountability and protection.
• Coordinate, monitor, and report on volunteer and consultant activities.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Support:
• Compile data provided at the project level and contribute to the preparation of reports.
• Work with staff to design/test data collection tools and ensure that these tools are properly implemented by all staff and refugee schools
• Manage accountability system to ensure accessibility and reliability of information
• Communicate key project information and results with community members, colleagues and stakeholders
• Contribute to reflective conversations on ongoing project interventions
• Share insight and perspective based on observations and interactions with community members, colleagues and stakeholders
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• Graduate degree in a directly related field.
• 2 years of work or volunteer experience in community development and mobilization.
• Additional education may substitute for some experience.
• Computer skills required.
• Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
• Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Excellent command in English and Arabic.
Travel Required: Job requires some travel to field (defined as outside of Cairo metropolitan area) in Upper and Lower Egypt (approximately 20%). More frequent travel required to sites within Cairo metropolitan area.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Project specific MEAL officers, Help-desk staff, CRS support functions (finance, procurement, IT, HR and Admin).
External: Community Members (refugees/asylum seekers and host communities)
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Trusting Relationships
• Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Comment postulerClick here to apply
In your request, indicate that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
49 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui