Finance and Compliance Manager – American Institutes for Research – Zambia
Description du Poste
AIR is seeking a Finance and Compliance Manager to work on a 5 year, USAID-funded Reading Project in Zambia. Let’s Read Zambia will target approximately 1.4 million students in 4,000 public and community primary schools, including Early Childhood Centers that are clustered in an estimated 400 zones in 48 districts in the provinces of Lusaka, Southern, Muchinga, Eastern, and Northwestern. The Activity will ensure that students attending Grades 1, 2, and 3 in Zambian public and community schools in five targeted provinces will have an opportunity to learn to read grade level text with comprehension and to write at grade level in one of the seven local official languages of instruction: Cinyanja, Chitonga, Icibemba, Kiikaonde, Lunda, Luvale and Silozi after three years of primary schooling in Grades 1-3.
The Finance and Compliance Manager will provide overall financial and compliance support to the project. This will include:
• Initiating, developing, maintaining, and revising policies and procedures for the general operation of the finance and compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
• Establishing internal control systems as well as accounting and financial reporting protocols for local subcontractors, working with AIR’s internal auditing system and Financial Comptroller
• Supervising activity financial staff and program budget matters
• Managing accounting and disbursement needs
• Verifying that procurements comply with USAID and AIR’s financial guidelines
• Instituting and maintaining an effective finance and compliance training program for the project and its subcontractors
• Ensuring adherence to management policies and assuring timely financial reporting to USAID
Eligibility: Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent on funding.
• Requires a master’s degree in Business and/or Public Administration or a master’s degree in Accounting and/or Financial Management, or appropriate equivalent academic degree at least at the master’s level
• At least 8 years of experience in financial management and compliance of development activities with increasing levels of responsibility
• Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in line with USG rules and regulations
• Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
• Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
• Experience administering grants under contract
• Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements
• Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
• Experience working in Zambia required
• Proficiency in English is required
Comment postulerApplications and updated CV should be submitted to email@example.com or https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/1...
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
60 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui
Postuler à cette annonce
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez trouvé cette offre d'emploi sur Imaginafrica.net (le job board de l'Afrique).