Finance Manager – Adeso – Kenya
- Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Finance
- Date de l'offre:10 Mar 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Vacancy Announcement: Finance Manager – HQ
Organization: Adeso – African Development Solutions (www.adesoafrica.org)
Position Title: Finance Manager – HQ
Direct Line Manager: Executive Director
Working With: Programs and Operations Teams
Program/ Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya with Frequent Travel to All Field Offices
Duration: One (1) Year, Renewable
Starting Date: Immediately
Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. At present, Adeso has programs in Somalia, Kenya and South Sudan.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Finance Manager will be a full-time member of the Adeso staff, working with the Programs and Operations teams both in the field and HQ.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Planning and coordinating the activities of the Finance Department by ensuring that there are adequate resources to effectively undertake planned activities for the Department.
· Providing leadership and supervision to all Finance staff, and ensuring that their daily tasks are carried out in an effective and efficient manner, as per Adeso’s policies and donor regulations.
· Assisting Programme Managers and Country Directors with budget preparation and monitoring for all projects/programmes as per Adeso and donor formats, on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
· Providing timely and sound financial reports to the management, donors and other stakeholders on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
· Assisting in the institution of organizational financial policies and procedures ensuring compliance to the said policies.
· Reviewing monthly payments including payroll for all staff.
· Reviewing reconciliations of all balance sheets items on monthly basis.
· Ensuring employee advances are tracked on monthly basis.
· Strengthening financial systems and internal controls and ensuring that transactions are adequately captured, reviewed and recorded accordingly in the system.
· Ensuring all payments are adequately supported by the relevant documents.
· Reviewing the Finance team performance for capacity building purposes.
· Monitoring expenditures, budgets and cash flow and informing the management of major issues whilst suggesting corrective actions when needed.
· Ensuring proper coding, posting and approval for all transactions in the Serenic/Accounting system
· Periodically reviewing the fixed assets register and ensuring that it reconciles with the accounting system records.
· Preparing and presenting financial updates and reports to the Management and the Board of Directors.
Business planning and donor management
· Leading the budget planning processes, including programme and annual budget preparation and review.
· Leading in the review, revision and updating of financial, operations policies and procedures for Adeso as and when required.
· Monitoring budgets and programme expenditure on monthly basis.
· Reviewing and consolidating monthly cash requests from country offices and ensure timely liquidation
· Planning for the growth and expansion of the Finance function.
· Overseeing and managing institutional and programme audits and liaising regularly with auditors (internal and external), and government agencies.
Compliance and implementation of policies and procedures
· Undertaking regular financial monitoring in the field /country sub-offices and ensure that staff adhere to Adeso and donor financial policies and procedures.
· Staying abreast of changes in regulatory environment, in particular accounting, financial and statutory requirements of relevance to Adeso’s work and ensure the organization is in compliance with local statutory laws and legislations.
· Ensuring adherence to financial requirements of donors, including on matters of recruitment, procurement, allocations of expenses, compliance and reporting.
· Ensuring proper management of contracts and agreements at all times, including reviewing of donor contracts, vendor contracts, lease agreements, and any other service contracts as may be required.
· Overseeing the performance management of all Finance staff and undertake annual performance review of Finance team.
· Providing strategic guidance to Adeso’s Management and Board of Directors on financial matters, including financial risk, budget size, structure and optimal use of resources and currency management.
· Identifying legal, operational, HR and financial risks and advising on best course of action.
· Overseeing the implementation of an Information Management System to safeguard IRIN’s institutional memory and encourage better information sharing between colleagues.
· Training and mentoring Finance staff on the use of the computerised accounting software and ensure that they are following the standard process of using the accounting system.
· Providing orientation and training to all Adeso staff on effective cost management.
· Identifying any capacity gaps and assess any capacity building needs for Adeso Finance team and propose corrective action.
· Planning for and implementing capacity building activities for Adeso Finance staff and partners on timely and efficient manner.
· Managing, developing and mentoring Finance staff and ensure staffs develop competencies in the key functional areas.
· Assisting in the identification of best practices within and outside of Adeso and help in the documentation and implementation of such practices.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration;
· Professional qualifications in accounting – CPA (K), ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent;
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in Non Profit sector;
· Experience in managing multi-donor programmes/projects, multi-million-dollar budgets for non-profit organisations;
· Expertise in budget monitoring, providing narratives to financial figures, financial analysis and quantitative data;
· Experience in institutionalizing financial policies and procedures and internal control systems;
· Strong attention to detail and a high level of organization;
· Previous experience in similar position will be an added advantage;
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written and the ability to work independently and as part of team;
· Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills;
· Willingness to travel regularly to and within remote areas;
· Ability to function effectively in a complex work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements;
· Strong management skills and strong competencies in people management, capacity building and coaching;
· Proficiency in ERP/ financial systems such as Serenic Navigator is strongly preferred;
· Strong hand on experience and knowledge of institutional donor funding requirements and regulations particularly European Commission, UN agencies, DFID and USAID to be able to advise Adeso management and staff accordingly;
· Strong analytical and numeracy skills as well as be ability to demonstrate experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets with ability to transfer these skills to other users;
· Good knowledge of local and regional laws and statutory requirements;
· Highly developed interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to issues;
· Spoken and written Somali language is an added advantage.
Comment postulerThis is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com, quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 21st March 2017. Each application should be addressed to HR Manager and include the following: · An updated CV with updated contact details: Phone No., Email Address and Skype ID; and · An application letter which should include cover letter, remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees. Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on one's background, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation.
In your application, please specify that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
202 vues totales, 2 aujourd'hui