FSL Technical Specialist – Save the Children – Niger
- Niamey, Niamey Urban Community, Niger
Description du Poste
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Child Poverty and FSL Technical Specialist will provide strategic technical support to SCI Niger’s Child Poverty and FSL programming, including: support to ensuring the quality and impact of humanitarian and development programming; sectoral representation and coordination with the government and with national and international development and emergency response partners; serve as the interlocateur between SCI Niger and head office and regional technical advisors; act as the technical lead on assessments, programme design and budgeting, proposal development, program kick-offs, reporting, and support recruitment and procurement processes; support the timely implementation and execution of activities in all food security and child poverty projects for SCI Niger; and, analyze the capacity building needs of country programme staff and help design and support capacity building plans and trainings for those staff.
Qualifications and experience
• Education to MSc/MA/ level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
• Fluent French and good English speaking and writing skills required
• Significant senior level experience working in FSL and Child Poverty programming, including direct experience in implementing cash transfer programmes, HEA approach, market analysis and economic recovery, community and national early warning systems.
• Previous first phase emergency response experience is essential
• Previous experience in managing a team and coaching
• Previous experience in project management
• Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
• Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
• Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
• Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
• Strong influencing skills, experience in representation and advocacy in external forums
• Experience of preparing successful funding proposals for donors
• Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
• Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
• The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
• Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our suppor
• Knowledge and / or experience in using COD and EMMA / MIFIRA
• Familiarity with nutrition surveys
• Experience with developing and designing Social Protection programmes
• Specific experience of designing and managing DFID, USAID, OFDA, BPRM, EU and ECHO projects
• Specific experience of working in consortia projects
1 to 2 years, TBD
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Comment postulerApplication Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'Fsy.email@example.com'
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
67 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui