Head of Mission – Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe – South Sudan
- Juba, Central Equatoria, Soudan du Sud
Description du Poste
Job Title Head of Mission – South Sudan
Organisation Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. / Johanniter International Assistance
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German Christian non-governmental organisation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects worldwide.
Job Location Juba, South Sudan (with frequent travel to the field sites)
Closing Date Application Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Interviews are scheduled for: March 05/06, 2018
Johanniter has been active in South Sudan since 2011 and its humanitarian aid projects focus on health, nutrition & WASH in the Western Bahr el Ghazal region. The current projects are financed primarily by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), but also by UNICEF, WFP and private funds.
Johanniter’s operational strategy and structures in South Sudan are currently undergoing a change and it will be an exciting task for the new Head of Mission to be part of the steering committee. The aim is to reposition Johanniter’s presence in South Sudan, reprioritise operational interventions and to acquire new donors. This will include also the identification of local/national partner organisations.
The Johanniter will continue to focus on WBeG in the future, but there is certainly a medium-term desire to expand geographically.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Overall job purpose
The Head of Mission is responsible for the planning, management and development of all Johanniter pro-grammes in South Sudan and for ensuring that all activities are within the strategic framework of Johanniter. The Head of Mission provides strategic leadership to develop and maintain strong national and local partnerships, develop and nurture a high performing team and has ultimate responsibility for all security issues. He/she positions and protects the organisation. The Head of Mission cooperates closely with the Regional Support Unit (RSU) and HQ in Berlin.
Reporting to: Regional Head of Desk in HQ (first level supervisor)
Director International Assistance in HQ (next level supervisor)
Supervises: All staff members (national and international staff)
Receives technical advice from: relevant advisors HQ
Gives technical advice to: ./.
Standing in for: Head of Programmes
Replaced by: Head of Programmes
Strategy and Programme Development
• Lead the development and achievement of the country strategy based on global Johanniter strategy.
• Identify new programmes through assessments which support the achievement of Johanniter’s stra-tegic objectives in the country (including rapid humanitarian assistance in case of disasters in coor-dination with HQ).
• Assess and build partnerships with new national, international or local partner organisations.
• Proactively explore, evaluate and present new country and project funding opportunities with both institutional and private donors.
• Develop exit strategies and handover – if applicable.
• Oversee the establishment and implementation of programmes.
• Ensure that the country office team and partners have the necessary tools, resources information and assistance to deliver services that meet or exceed internationally accepted standards and protocols.
• Cooperate closely with existing national partners, provide and organize capacity building, support, input and guidance.
• Ensure that proper monitoring and evaluation systems for program activities are in place and ad-hered to and ensure objectives are reached in an efficient and effective manner.
• Supervise and coach partners and staff to develop and write high quality proposals and reports for donors and Johanniter HQ and ensure timely submission.
Human Resource and Team Management
• Create and maintain a culture of team spirit and ensure all staff is committed to strive for high per-formance contributing to the achievement of the strategic ambitions of JUH.
• Recruit and hire national staff and recruit international staff in cooperation with HQ.
• Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular bilaterals and performance reviews.
• Ensure both individual and team development and capacity building.
• Exercise and provide all necessary measures for Duty of Care and for JUH to act as fair employer.
Financial-, Logistics and Compliance Management
• Ensure that systems are in place that allow all Johanniter and relevant donor policies and guidelines to be implemented and adhered to.
• Develop, monitor and forecast the annual operational budget and ensure timely management of fi-nancial reporting, audit compliance and cash flow.
• Work closely with Finance Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator, RSU and HQ on all financial and lo-gistical issues.
• Responsible for all legal matters in country (taxation, labour law, registration, insurances etc.) and ensure fiscal controls and donor required policy controls are carried out.
• Pro-actively follow-up recommendations of internal/external audits.
• Prevent and proactively fight against corruption and investigate suspected fraud cases.
Safety and Security
• Prioritise Safety and Integrity of all staff at all times.
• Constantly monitor the security situation and establish a good understanding of the context and risks associated with a changing environment.
• Elaborate local Security Plans and ensure that valid guidelines are followed and adapted as required at all levels, that maximum preventive measures are taken and that the team of Expats and National Staff is safe and well informed at all times.
• Review and update of the security and contingency plan in intervals agreed with HQ and guarantee that all guidelines are understood and respected.
• Maintain regular contact with relevant networks and security stakeholders (UNDSS, INSO etc.).
Representation and Communication
• Build and strengthen external relationships and represent Johanniter in South Sudan with donors, the host government, international and national organizations, and coordination fora
• Support Media and Press work in conjunction with the HQ Communication Desk, prepare regular re-ports, updates and articles for Johanniter Communication and Fundraising Department, respond to media and press requests.
Professional Qualification and Experience:
The Head of Mission needs to hold a university degree in a relevant field.
• At least 5 years of experience in a humanitarian context/international development, minimum 3 years of proven leadership skills and experience
• Experience in implementing public health/ WASH/ Food security and livelihood/ nutrition projects for international NGOs
• Experience in working with national authorities, national and international partners including partnership development
• Experience in project development, coordination management of (multiple) donor funded project (EU, UN, German Foreign Office and Ministry of Cooperation etc.)
• Experience in security management
• Previous working experience in South Sudan desired
• The capacity to manage a team in changing humanitarian context;
• The capacity to motivate and mobilize the team around the key issues for the organisation;
• Good knowledge of international standards and tools in humanitarian and development aid
• Strong written and oral communication, diplomacy and negotiation skills
• Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• German/Arabic would be an asset
Terms and Conditions
Start date: Tuesday, May 01, 2018
Contract duration: Definite contract for one year (with possible extension)
Remuneration: Between 51.386 € and 54.091 € annual gross salary (according to Johanniter AVR-J internal tariff and depending on relevant previous working experience).
Benefits: — annual special payment (13th month salary)
• Social security provisions (lump sum 485 € per month) (for expats not falling
under social security)
• International insurance package
• 29 days annual paid leave plus additional R&R regulations
• Yearly home flight (for contracts > 1 year)
• Per diems (for international postings) for days in project country (currently 28 €
Please note that this position is unaccompanied.
Comment postulerContact and application process Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Head of Mission South Sudan” in the subject line of your e-mail and mention your earliest date of availability. Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Please be advised, that due to the urgency of the situation, we might start short-listing even before the end of the closing date.
In your request, indicate that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
74 vues totales, 3 aujourd'hui