Head of Office – Search for Common Ground – DRC
- Bukavu, Sud-Kivu, République démocratique du Congo
Description du Poste
We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
SFCG launched activities in the DRC in 2001. Now in 2017 the country program has offices in Kinshasa, Goma, Bukavu, and Kalemie with annual budget of $8MLN USD. SFCG works with partners in all provinces of the country, and has numerous smaller satellite offices throughout the country. Media is a primary tool utilized by all the programs—radio, video, print, and drama. Each program is adapted to the specific local context and conflict, and all apply tools from SFCG’s toolbox.
SFCG’s Bukavu field office is currently supporting a host of programs around democratic dialogue, conflict sensitivity and transformation, to strengthen governance at local, provincial and national levels, to combat sexual and gender-based violence and promote youth engagement, and to promote protection of civilians through security sector reform. Activities in these areas include media production, training, radio programming, participatory theatre and collaborative joint activities. This thematic focus is executed in close collaboration with numerous donors, including DFID, the Dutch foreign Ministry, the German Foreign Ministry, and USAID.
We are searching for…**
The position will be responsible for all aspects of programmatic, financial and administrative coordination of the office and various programs. Principle tasks will be to oversee the entire Provincial portfolio, determine appropriate implementing mechanisms to achieve projects’ strategic goals, serve as the primary program liaison for donors, partners and stakeholders in the province, oversee provincial level planning and budgeting, and reporting/evaluations, ensuring compliance with management and financial procedures. The position will report to the DRC Country Director. Working languages for this position are French and English.
• The roles and responsibilities include:
• Provide leadership and oversight to program staff charged with implementing programs.
• Supervise monthly financial reports according to SFCG procedures
• Ensure a conscious Program approach in line with the “Common Ground” principles
• Verify and analyze work-plans, progress reports, final reports and other data for clarity, consistency and completeness.
• Manage the field-based SFCG operations staff and some of the program staff
• Represent SFCG before partners, donors, and local and international organizations working in the province and ensure SFCG activities are visible. In accordance with SFCG advocacy policy, advocate for search of common ground solutions to various conflict situation in the Province
• Represent SFCG to government authorities
• Contribute creative ideas for Program development and develop technical and financial proposals to local and international donors
• Ensure close monitoring of the political and security environment and develop contingency plan for the office
• Ensure compliance with Congolese law and SFCG procedures in admin and operations
• Support monitoring and evaluation work in collaboration with SFCG’s Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
• Provide content material to the Africa Team for updating the websites, as well as for quarterly program updates, newsletters, and other SFCG literature
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You are… You meet the following qualifications:
• At least five years of work experience, preferably in conflict sensitivity, protection, development, or communications
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• Very strong background in budget management, accounting and financial reporting.
• At least five years’ experience managing a team of local staff in a conflict zone, preferably in Africa.
• Cross-cultural experience and sensitivity, and experience living and working in developing countries
• Experience living and working in unstable environments · Excellent coordination, communication and networking skills
• Strong report writing, fundraising and proposal writing skills
• Ability to work with people at all levels, ranging from high-level officials to community leaders
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
• Professional-level competency in French and English, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Willingness to regularly travel on short notice around the country
Commensurate with experience and education, with excellent benefits
Comment postulerSound good? To apply, interested candidates should**: Send a cover letter and current resume to our employment website here. Include the following in your cover letter minimum salary requirements (or current salary) projected start date, where you found this posting. This position will close on Wednesday, May 31. We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
227 vues totales, 2 aujourd'hui