Health Information System Advisor – RTI International – Zambian nationals
Description du Poste
RTI is seeking a Health Management Information System (HMIS) Senior Advisor for the USAID Zambia Evidence for Health activity. The objective of the activity is to strengthen the Government of Republic of Zambia (GRZ) national Health Management Information System (HMIS), improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners, and expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. *This p**osition is contingent upon award and funding.*
The HMIS Senior Advisor will work closely with other RTI International project team members and with counterparts to analyze data systems and assess areas of improved data utilization.
The HMIS Senior Advisor will provide technical, strategic and programmatic direction for the development and implementation of HMIS aspects of the activity, including optimizing the generation, identification, collection, processing, storage, and dissemination of quality data and strategic information. The expert technical advice provided will be used by the COP to support the technical assistance, and political direction provided by the activity to key government and non-government partners.
• Advise on strategies and methods for software applications and improvements in the HMIS
• Provides guidance on strategies for improving interoperability and standards between systems.
• Provide technical assistance to GRZ and MOH to develop standards for health information systems including indicators, data sources and data quality
• Provide technical input to systems integration and use of data management information systems to facilitate data entry, transmission, and use.
• Provide guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies and methods for software application development and utilization. Advice for testing and quality assurance of product. Identifies implementation strategies, including necessary training for users and specifies training materials.
• Support coordination of M&E efforts at provincial, district, and community level.
• Work closely with technical and program staff to achieve goals and objective successfully and timely.
• Conduct analyses of information systems operations and information flow.
• Build capacity and transfer knowledge on information infrastructure deployment, scale-up, and expansion to country stakeholders to develop data-driven decision-making skills and sustainability.
• Master’s degree preferred in the areas of Information Science, Data Science, Public Health, public administration, health administration, health informatics demography, statistics, computing, epidemiology or related.
• At least 8 years of experience in working with information systems management and design in the Health field for U.S-Government -funded projects or other internationally funded programs.
• At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies and methods for software application development and utilization.
• USAID experience preferable.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English required, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong understanding of Health sector in Zambia. Previous work experience with the Government of Zambia and Public Health sector of Zambia a plus.
• Computer literacy, with ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
• Demonstrated ability to transfer technical skills through mentoring.
• Ability to work as a part of an internationally diverse team and to be self-managing.
• Experience working with DHIS2 and other health information systems a must.
• Zambian citizens/nationals are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on RTI’s website, please see link below.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted. This position is contingent upon award and funding. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Comment postulerClick here to apply
In your request, indicate that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
229 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui
Postuler à cette annonce
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez trouvé cette offre d'emploi sur Imaginafrica.net (le job board de l'Afrique).