Health and Nutrition Coordinator – GOAL – South Sudan
- Juba, Central Equatoria, Soudan du Sud
Description du Poste
GOAL has been working in Sudan since 1985. GOAL South Sudan operates programmes in Abyei Administrative Area, Melut and Ulang Counties (Upper Nile State). South Sudan’s interventions include an integrated approach to improved living standards for host, IDP and returnee populations through provision of curative primary health care, health promotion, health system strengthening, therapeutic nutrition and food security and livelihoods (FSL) interventions. Currently, GOAL is looking for an enthusiastic Health andNutrition Coordinator with a strong background in emergency health and nutrition programming, and Health System strengthening projects.
General Description of the Role
The Health/Nutrition Coordinator takes overall responsibility for the implementation of the health and nutrition component of GOAL SS programme, including WASH activities. The Health and Nutrition Coordinator will technically supervise the Area health and Nutrition manager in all project sites.
• Assume overall management for the development of an integrated primary health and nutrition programme, within GOAL’s South Sudan programme.
• Responsible for the design and oversight of GOALs health and Nutrition programme including:
• Liaison with prospective donors, proposal development/writing, budget preparation, procurement planning and recruitment of requisite staff
• Oversight of the design of any new program materials/ toolkits required
• Oversight and implementation of adequate monitoring and evaluation systems to assess the quality and outcomes of health/nutrition interventions, including requisite surveys/ assessments (planning to be conducted in strict collaboration with GOAL Health and Nutrition Advisors), in line with proposals
• Ensure that there is an adequate monitoring and technical support plan in place for any working being done with local partners
• Responsible for ensuring a training plan is in place for both GOAL/partners health and nutrition staff who are involved in the implementation of the programme
• Responsible for the recruitment, management and technical support of GOAL Health staff
• Responsible for regular reporting to Donors and health/ nutrition coordination mechanisms
• Ensure close coordination with local partners (Ministries, national NGOs/INGOs, etc.) to assess outcomes, evaluate efficacy of complementary health and nutrition activities funded by GOAL and determine whether these are aligned to GOAL SS overall country strategy.
• Verify that any new health and nutrition activities look to support priority health and nutritional needs but also ensure that longer-term development issues in particular sustainability and capacity building of local partners are also being fully addressed.
• Ensure that GOAL’s health and nutrition programing is tightly coordinated with other sectors to ensure a multi-sectoral approach is provided, thus maximising potential outcomes
• Ensure that the implementation of programme activities is in line with the Government of SS national protocols for health/nutrition.
• Representation of GOAL (as viable) at national and regional health and nutrition meetings, cultivating close relationships with donors, ministries and other key national stakeholders.
• Closely monitor in-country / regional developments through FAOs Global Information & Early Warning System on Food & Ag’ (GIEWS), FAOSAT, AQUASAT, national / regional Surveys & Assessments, plus Ministry, UN and donor response plans.
• Ensure that the issues of gender are fully addressed in the programme and that the needs of vulnerable groups in particular those living with HIV and disabilities are fully considered in the design and implementation of the programme.
• To be fully conversant with GOAL policies and guidelines, including HR, logistics, finance, administration and security protocols.
• Responsible for regularly liaising with the relevant Technical Advisors
• Any other related tasks at the request by the ACDP, CD or GOAL HQ.
Requirements (Person Specification)
• Medical Doctor with at least 4 years’ experience in similar position MSC in public health/nutrition is an advantage
• Registered Nurse with MSc course in Public Health /Nutrition and relevant experience.
• Proven management/coordination experience with international organisations/agencies.
• Proven track record in developing the technical aspects of large scope health and nutrition proposal
• Experience of community nutrition programming
• Strong interpersonal and skills and ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural context.
• Experience in liaising with government officials, other NGOs, donors and UN agencies.
• Willingness to travel to rural/volatile areas of SS.
• Proven training and capacity building skills.
• Very enthusiastic and able to work extra hours to achieve the objectives of the programme.
• Fluency written and spoken English Appreciation of the aims and objectives of GOAL.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Comment postulerApply here
In your application, please specify that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
243 vues totales, 3 aujourd'hui