Human Resources Officer – International Organization for Migration – Tunisie
- Tunis, Tunis, Tunisie
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Ressources humaines
- Date de l'offre:19 Mai 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Position Title : Human Resources Officer Duty Station : IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 May 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru,
Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of
Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer in Libya based in Tunis, and in coordination with the Human Resources (HRM) unit at Headquarters (HQs), RO Cairo Regional Office, Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) and Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, supporting and coordinating the human resources functions of all IOM Libya offices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Review and monitor Human Resources Management services in the mission in accordance with the Organization’s HR rules, regulations, policies, procedures and practices and in light of project activities in the region.
2. Supervise the maintenance of personnel files and attendance records of international, national and sub-contracted staff in the Mission.
3. Facilitate the maintenance and upkeep of the mission’s HR/Training database.
1. Coordinate recruitment processes in the mission in close liaison with the SRMO and provide support to the mission in filling the appropriate staff vacancy needs, ensuring that relevant recruitment procedures are effectively and swiftly applied and that selected new staff are sufficiently briefed, including through an appropriately updated “Welcome Package”, and able to assume functions at the Mission in a timely fashion.
2. Evaluate the mission’s staff training and development needs and suggest possible improvement areas in collaboration with HRM/Staff Development and Learning (SDL).
3. Ensure timely and regular implementation of the Mission’s Staff Evaluation System (SES) and encourage and provide guidance for the timely completion of the performance management process in line with the organizational deadlines.
HR Policy and Advisory
1. In coordination with the SRMO, provide verbal and written explanations to Project Managers on staffing and other personnel issues, including leave entitlements/planning and overtime administration. Ensure regular updates to the Mission’s organogram/staffing table and contact lists, including those of sub- offices.
2. Propose to the management appropriate and effective administrative procedures reflecting the mission’s needs. Apply IOM’s Human Resources policies, rules and regulations in the mission.
3. Coordinate with HQs, MAC and the Finance team on issues related to the benefits and entitlements to international staff in the field.
4. Supervise the administration and timely renewal of the visas and residence permits.
5. Attend external meetings as and when required and brief management accordingly.
PRISM HR Administration
1. Monitor the contractual situation and the administration of entitlements of local staff.
2. Supervise the preparation of the monthly payroll for national staff and ensure its accuracy and timeliness.
Monitoring and Reporting
1. Assist the SRMO in the preparation of administrative reports that may be required in coordination with the Heads of Units/Programmes.
2. Discuss audit recommendations on HR matters and in coordination with the SRMO, implement them upon instruction within the HR function.
3. Draft sections of special reports and participate in HR projects in coordination with MAC, PAC and/ or HRM HQs.
4. Undertake regular travel duties to sub-offices when required and security conditions allow.
5. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in human resources management, recruitment, organizational development;
• Experience in field emergency operations;
• High level of computer literacy with experience in HR IT systems and applications; working knowledge of SAP is an advantage;
• Good knowledge of IOM/ UN human resources and financial policies and staff rules and regulations;
• Excellent organization skills; analytical and creative thinking;
• Working experience in developing countries an added advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Comment postulerInterested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 31 May 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-... In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system. Posting period: From 18.05.2017 to 31.05.2017 Requisition: SVN 2017/95 (P) - Human Resources Officer (P2) - IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia (55057992) Released Posting: Posting NC55064228 (55064228) Released
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
74 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui