Institutional Funding and Kinshasa Representation – Trócaire – RD Congo
- Kinshasa, Kinshasa, République démocratique du Congo
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Donor Relations/Grants Management
- Date de l'offre:20 Oct 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Trócaire works in partnership with local and church organisations, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change. Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where; people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected; basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably; people have control over their own lives; those in power act for the common good.
Trócaire’s work in DRC is based in Ituri Province. We deliver an integrated development and humanitarian programme aimed at building Gender Equitable and Resilient Communities. Our main Country Office is located in Bunia and we have a small representational and support office in Kinshasa.
Securing and managing Institutional Funding is a key strategy to sustaining our work in DRC. The Institutional Funding and Kinshasa Representative, will strengthen Trócaire’s representation and funding opportunities within DRC, particularly focusing on donor liaison and ongoing grant management. The role will work with the Regional Institutional Funding Officer (RIFO) based in Kigali.
For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Reporting to the Country Director, this is a Fixed Term Contract for Two Years and is based in Kinshasa, DRC.
Safeguarding Programme Participants
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Institutional Funding/Donor Liaison:
To identify institutional funding opportunities in line with donor and Trócaire priorities and to provide comprehensive support to Programme Officers and partners in the development of successful applications and the management of donor grants.
· Using the recently finalised IF strategy develop an annual donor engagement and IF annual operational plan with clear annual targets.
· Work with the Team in Bunia to identify funding opportunities in country
· Represent Trócaire’s work to Donors in Country
· Support the team in Bunia with proposal development
· Maintain and regularly update a database of all potential in country donors for DRC and update to DRC management staff and Programme Officers on donor strategies, geographical and thematic priorities, future calls and requirements for applications
· Assist in the development of institutional funding applications (concept notes and full proposals) in close coordination with donors, programme officers, Head Office programme and IF teams and partners.
· Review donor contracts prior to signing and inform country and regional management and the relevant programme officers of Trócaire’s responsibilities.
· Assist in the development of institutional funding reports in close coordination with the Programme Officers, Finance Staff, the Regional Institutional Funding Officer and Partners.
· In collaboration with the RIFO, provide advice and support on donor requirements to ensure their fulfilment both by Trócaire and partners.
· Carry out monitoring visits to Trócaire and partner offices and participate in project evaluations to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
· Work closely with the Institutional Funding Unit in Ireland in the management of existing grants.
With the support and engagement of the CD establish and strengthen excellent relationships with existing and potential donors in DRC and to develop a full understanding of key donor strategies, priorities and requirements (including Irish Aid, UN,EC, USAID and others) in order to ensure sustainability and growth for the programme.
· In close coordination with the Country Director and Programme Manager:
• Build new in country donor contacts.
• Strengthen relationships with current in country donors.
• Develop relationships with INGOs and proactively seek opportunities for relationships that may lead to consortia or other collaboration
· Represent Trócaire at inter-agency meetings and other public fora, including but not limited to;
• Caritas and CIDSE network meetings
• UN Cluster Coordination meetings (protection, Food Security, WASH, NFI)
• relevant working groups (gender, national IDPs resilience strategy),
• INGO Forum
3. Travel to Bunia
· Travel to Bunia regularly to enable a good understanding Trócaire’s programme, approaches and partners,
· When necessary travel to Bunia to provide direct support to report/proposal development
4. Administrative Support
· Under the direction of the Country Director provide day to day line management of Head of Administration and indirectly drivers and cleaner.
· Approve all expenses of the Trocaire Kinshasa office, incl. but not limited to:
• non-Bunia based staff medical bills
• drivers’ overtime sheets
• utility bills (SNEL, Regideso)
• IT, legal and fiscal support consultants fees
• flights (UNHAS, ECHO, MONUSCO)
• insurances and signs off on related cheques and bank transfers and official communications
· Liaise with HQ on IT issues for the Kinshasa office
· Take responsibility for the management of security at Kinshasa level in cooperation with Head of Administration.
Any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Person Specification – Essential Requirements
· Graduate level qualification in Social Science, Development Studies, or related area
· 3 years’ experience of working overseas on development projects in developing countries, preferably in a complex environment.
· Experience of proposal and report writing for major international donors including the European Union, UN, Irish Aid, UK donors and Foundations.
· Experience of managing donor grant management and compliance needs.
· Proven capacity for strategic and analytical thinking.
· Strong commitment to principles of partnership, solidarity and commitment towards poor, vulnerable and excluded sectors of societies.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of humanitarian and development issues, with a particular focus on protection and gender.
· Outstanding writing skills in both French and English, including proposals & reports.
· Excellent networking, communication, negotiation and presentation skills, incl. the ability to establish good relationships, confident in engaging with senior people.
· Good interpersonal relationships and team work skills, incl. over long distances and in a multi-cultural environment.
· Culturally sensitive and diplomatic
· Self-motivated with proven ability to take the initiative.
· Able to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
· Flexible and adaptable
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Able to learn from experience and apply to future work
Comment postulerTo apply for this position, please click on the following link: https://www.workable.com/j/C1CFCC0F3A and complete the application form.
In your request, indicate that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
67 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui