Labor Market Specialist, Workforce Development – FHI 360 – Egypt
- Cairo Governorate, Égypte
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Management de programme
- Date de l'offre:13 Mar 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Labor Market Specialist
FHI 360 is seeking a Labor Market Specialist for a USAID-funded Egypt University Centers for Career Development (UCCD) Program. This program is expected to establish a minimum of 20 operational and financially sustainable University Centers for Career Development (UCCD) in at least 12 Egyptian public universities in Greater Cairo, Upper Egypt and the Delta region. The UCCD will improve the long-term capacity of Egyptian public universities to assist students in their transition from college to work. Activities include career guidance, training, technical assistance, sub-grants, provision of equipment and supplies, and operational costs as well as equipment, software, and communications technology.
Ideally, this person has a background in quantitative and/or qualitative research, and has served in the capacity of a labor market or employment researcher or advisor for workforce or other development programs in Egypt. S/he should have extensive knowledge of the Egyptian economy and labor market, and particularly of growth industries and the employment landscape for university students and graduates. Experience working with career centers to achieve employability and/or employment outcomes is preferred.
This position will be based in Cairo, with regular travel to Greater Cairo, Upper Egypt, and the Delta region.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Labor Market Specialist will establish a system for gathering information from the private sector to analyze labor market needs and communicate those needs to universities and career centers, and develop and coordinate services and activities across the centers in Greater Cairo, Upper Egypt, and the Delta region. The Labor Market Specialist will work closely with both the UCCD Senior Management team in Cairo and the FHI 360 team in Washington DC to ensure that FHI 360 delivers relevant and adaptable research and training, providing value adding technical support to the program, ensuring relevance and sustainability of the centers, and ensuring that information from the project’s graduate tracking system is fed back into the program for continuous improvement.
The Labor Market Specialist will assume the following job responsibilities and associated tasks:
• With support of FHI 360 and project staff, develop methodology and oversee establishment and maintenance of system for mapping and analyzing labor market needs in each of the governorates in which centers are located
• Oversee and provide technical assistance to carry out labor market assessments
• Develop and deliver strategy to communicate findings of labor market assessments to university and career center leadership and staff
• Build the capacity of UCCD staff by developing and overseeing formal training and on-going coaching on labor market analysis and labor market information communication
• Develop linkages with the private sector and employers in collaboration with project staff.
• Develop and conduct workshops to strengthen relationships between business community and university
• Support development of tracking and monitoring system articulated with labor market assessment process
• Provide technical expertise and input into the development of the career centers
• Develop and oversee implementation of plans to ensure sustainability of career centers through, e.g., delivery of market-demanded and relevant services to generate income
• Develop and oversee implementation of strategy to demonstrate value of career center services to employers
• Serve as FHI 360’s point person in Egypt
• Supervise FHI 360 staff in Egypt
• Contribute to program reporting
• Ensure that all component activities are in compliance with USAID, FHI360, and other applicable policies and regulations
• Advanced degree in labor or development economics, statistics, international development, or another relevant field (e.g. qualitative/quantitative research, monitoring and evaluation), from an accredited university
• At least 8 years of experience in leading and conducting data collection, assessment and evaluation work
• Demonstrated experience in managing or overseeing international development project activities
• Demonstrated experience with assessing and evaluating economic sectors, labor markets, and skills needs in Egypt
• Innovative researcher with the ability to employ both rigor and creativity in gathering, analyzing, and communicating information
• Experience working with stakeholders across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors
• Experience working with the private sector especially is preferred, either through direct employment or research
• Experience developing capacity-building plans and developing and delivering training programs
• Demonstrated understanding of, and passion for, youth workforce development; experience working with career centers and/or university students is a plus
• Entrepreneurial, with a demonstrated ability to engage at senior levels in business and development sector contexts
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English and/or Arabic – fluency (spoken and written) in both languages strongly preferred
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to find viable solutions to complicated problems in a flexible, time sensitive and creative manner
• Strong team player, with demonstrated ability to positively motivate team members to success
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Comment postulerApply here
In your application, please specify that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
211 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui