Logistics Coordinator – GOAL – South Sudan
- Juba, Central Equatoria, Soudan du Sud
Description du Poste
General Description of the Program
GOAL has been working in Sudan since 1985. GOAL South Sudan operates programmes in Abyei Administrative Area, Melut and Ulang Counties (Upper Nile State). South Sudan’s interventions include an integrated approach to improved living standards for host, IDP and returnee populations through provision of curative primary health care, health promotion, health system strengthening, therapeutic nutrition and food security and livelihoods (FSL) interventions. Currently, GOAL is looking for an enthusiastic ACDP with a strong background in emergency health, nutrition programming, and Health System strengthening projects. Knowledge and experience in FSL programming is an added asset.
Overall Objectives of the position:
The Logistics Coordinator is a member of the senior management team and responsible for ensuring GOAL policies are fully implemented in South Sudan. This requires strong organizational skills in order to meet the objectives in an unpredictable environment where security and/ or politics are complex and frequently changing, and to meet the logistical challenges of South Sudan Supply Chain.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible ensuring the policies are implemented on the ground to improve country wide coherence, and ultimately, accountability.
Reporting to: Assistant Country Director Systems
• Daily line management of the FLM and the Procurement Manager in Juba
• Technical support to the FLMs in all field locations
• Liaison with local authorities as necessary
• Monitor the Donation-in-Kind documentation and ensure that the paperwork is submitted to Finance
• Plan and organise training and build capacity for logistics staff members in best practice, GOAL logistics procedures, systems and management
• Ensure fire safety and workplace health and safety standards are adhered to
• Submission of Monthly and periodic reports the Dublin Logistics DO as outlined in the GOAL Logistics Manual and internal Management reporting system.
• Ensure that the Logs/Finance cross over meetings are held on a monthly basis, they are minutes and actions completed
• Attend external meetings on behalf of GOAL
• Carry out field visits, and submit a written report on the visit within a week of the return, and ensure actions and followed up
• Support the Area Coordinators in the management of the field logistics through responding to issues that arise and proactively assessing field logistics manager through reporting and general logistical performance
• Maintain, implement and develop the procedures documentation and adherence by all South Sudan logistics and programme staff
• Advise Head Office Dublin of support needs in terms of technical staff visits for overall logistics (i.e. Logistics Technical Advisor) or area specific (i.e. fleet advisor, driver training) assessment and development
• Implement a training/induction to ensure programme staff make use of the best logistics resources and practice in the implementation of programme activities
• Gather, analyse and disseminate relevant logistics information from external sources e.g. UNJLC
• Participate and input into country budget planning at the following stages:
• Concept note and budget proposal development,
• Grant Management meetings
• PMP development
• Core cost budget development
• Ensure that GSS is in compliance with Donor rules and regulations by being familiar with the Donor compliance rules and regulations
• Act as the focal point for the clearance of goods and supplies from Customs
• Ensure GSS has all the necessary Insurances in place and they are reviewed and updated regularly
• Work with the ACDS to develop new policy and update/amend current policy to allow for changes in programme sites/programme changes
• Liaise with the ACDP/ACDS to ensure that the prepositioned emergency stock is adequate and are rotated
• Participate in the CSP reviews and planning for the logistics section
• Ensure the Compound management and in accordance with GOAL security protocols
• Work with the ACDS to ensure that there is an equipment replacement plan in place and funds are budgeted for
• Liaise with the ACDS to ensure that each site has adequate IT in place to support the programme
Specific Duties on each Logistics Section
Transport (inc. Generators/solar power)
• To co-ordinate with the programme coordinators to ensure that the transport requirements of programmes are being met
• Ensure that GOAL SS vehicle fleet is sufficient for the Daily operations in support of programme objectives
• Ensure that vehicle equipment is provided as per GOAL South Sudan specific standard and security requirements
• To liaise with and make recommendations to the ACDS with regard to the repair and maintenance of vehicles and to develop a vehicle replacement plan
• To monitor and evaluate fuel consumption and vehicle maintenance and repairs and make suggestions to the ACDS for improvements.
• To ensure that the monthly field reports are submitted on time
• To analyse the cost and efficiency of the GOAL fleet and make recommendations for improvement and for budget planning
• To ensure that all safety and security procedures and measures according to GOAL manual are exercised and those which are specifically required for within South Sudan locations
• Ensure GOAL vehicles, communications equipment and drivers meet GOAL safety and security standards
• Ensure that there is a Generator service/replacement and usage plan in place to maximise the life of the generators
Stores, stock and asset management:
• To ensure that all goods received/stored and in transit by GOAL are recorded in GOAL standard templates and are stored and handled as per GOAL logistics manual procedures of safety, security, accountability and transparency
• To ensure that monthly stock checks are carried out in accordance with GOAL policy and SS SoPs.
• To produce a monthly report to the ACDS on stock holdings over 120 days and or closed programme stacks
• Review the supply chain periodically to ensure that GOAL policy is being complied with and the goods are being received and recorded correctly
• Ensure that the FAR is maintained in accordance with GOAL policy and that a rolling disposal plan is in place
• To ensure good working relationship with all programme management and field staff so the procurement needs of the programme are being met in timely manner within GOAL procurement procedures.
• To ensure that the procurement lead times are being met enabling projects within the GOAL programme to be completed in accordance with the programme proposal
• To ensure that the local vendor roster, pre-approved supplier list and price lists are updated and maintained
• To ensure that all works contracts are done according to GOAL Logistics manual and South Sudan labour law.
• To carry out random checks of the supply chain process to ensure value for money and confirm prices
• Liaise with Finance to ensure that supplier payments are not being delayed and review the issues
• To ensure that communication plans are in place in all field sites
• To make sure that systems being used are adequate for the purpose intended and cost-effective and in accordance with Country Communication Plan and Procedures.
• To ensure that the cost of communication is checked monthly and if needed appropriate measures on making the communication cost effective are recommended to AC
• Ensure that the standards of communication hardware and the usage of all communication units in country are done as per Country Communication Plan and Procedures
• As GOAL field offices currently mains power supply is only from generator internal power procedures and policies on generator power usage should be strictly adhered and respected
• To strictly maintain generators daily and monthly log books
• To ensure that individual generator log books are completed properly and all the costs associated to maintenance, repair and running a generator are in place and practiced
• To compile an individual generator monthly summary sheet and Annual Generator report as per the schedule established by LC and report on this to HO
• Carry out performance evaluation for staff under your management
• To maintain and update Job Descriptions for all logistics staff in liaison with HR/Admin Officer
• To liaise with HR/Admin Officer in recruiting and discipline procedures of staff in accordance with GOAL HR policy and South Sudan Labour Law
• At least 5 years’ experience logistics or related field with an international NGO in a field environment;
• Proven management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff;
• Appropriate skills and experience in the capacity building and training of national staff and partners essential;
• Ability to lead a multicultural team;
• Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions;
• Understanding and acceptance of the varying standards required and the problems inherent within the context of work in a developing country;
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
• Excellent report writing skills;
• Committed team player
• Qualification in Logistics/Supply Chain Management;
• Understanding of budget development and monitoring;
• Experience in logistics for the support of humanitarian, recovery as well as development programmes;
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Comment postulerapply here
In your application, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
198 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui