Manufacturing Design Intern (Paid Internship) – myAgro – Mali
- Bamako, Bamako Capital District, Mali
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Agriculture
- Date de l'offre:10 Sep 2017
- Annonce expire dans: 55 jours
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Critical Requirement: Proficiency in English
Location: Bamako, Mali OR Thies, Senegal
Term: 12 weeks (Fall or Winter 2017)
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. myAgro has pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and training and increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. myAgro’s North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder here.
About the Manufacturing Design Intern role
Your objective will be to decrease the manufacturing cost of the semoir by removing extraneous material and use of standardized parts. You will create an updated 3D model, BOM and cost estimate reflecting your changes. MyAgro’s semoir is an oxen-drawn planting machine that decrease the time required to plant with micro-dosing (a recommended agricultural technique proven to increase yields) by more than four times. In this role, you will gain hands-on, real-world experience by collaborating with an international team across several countries to improve a consumer product that will be used by thousands of smallholder farmers in the coming years. You will finalize and document your design to the level of third party manufacturing quality.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience with 3D modelling and FEA analysis (in Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, Autodesk Fusion, or similar software)
• Experience with design for affordability or in low-resource environments (desired)
• Experience with design for manufacturing (desired)
• Willing to enroll in the Autodesk Student Expert program prior to the internship commencing (at no cost to you)
• Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student
• Passionate about myAgro’s mission and values!
• Round trip airfare
• Paid Internship
• Furnished housing in a residential neighborhood
• Excellent international medical insurance
• Opportunity to learn a local language
• Real-world, cross team experience designing a consumer product that will be used by thousands of small-holder farmers across West Africa
• Make a significant impact on the growth and direction of a growing social enterprise, and see the immediate impact of helping families move out of poverty!
Comment postulerFor consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume here.
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
130 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui