Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor – Population Services International – Namibia
- Windhoek, Khomas Region, Namibie
Description du Poste
Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Based in Windhoek, Namibia
Duration of Contract One (1) year with possibility of extension depending on funding
Reports to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP)
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The Society for Family Health (SFH) Namibia is a local non-governmental organization that implements public health programs in collaboration with the Government of the Republic of Namibia (GRN) and other partners. SFH is present in all regions of the country and work in the area of HIV/AIDS prevention care and support, Malaria, school health promotion, adolescent girls and young women, maternal and child health.
• The incumbent, under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) provides support to SFH Namibia’s HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support program contributing technical advice and guidance in the planning, implementation and monitoring of HIV/AIDS epidemiologic studies, operational research and targeted evaluation projects.
• The incumbent serves as SFH technical and scientific advisor to the Namibian Government, providing leadership, technical guidance and scientific quality enhancement for USAIDsupported HIV/AIDS epidemiologic, surveillance and related operational studies in Namibia.
• Assists in developing research study protocols, provides guidance in implementation of studies, monitors progress of research projects and provides oversight and technical assistance in analyzing study results.
• Serves as a primary contributor to the planning, development, and review of operational research components of the Key Populations (KPs) program.
• The incumbent ensures collaboration among partners involved in HIV/AIDS operational research projects and activities and takes the lead in promoting use of internationally recognized best practices in support of research components.
• Identifies training needs, coordinates training and conducts formal training sessions for staff and partners involved in operational research studies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• The incumbent provides scientific and technical advice and consultation in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV epidemiologic studies, operational research and targeted evaluations.
• Collaborates with partners and the government of Republic of Namibia in the development of research protocols, implementing studies, and evaluating the impact of study findings.
• Develops specific research goals and objectives and works with the government and implementing partners to assure that such objectives are achieved.
• Identifies training needs, coordinates training and conducts formal training sessions and workshops for implementing partner and staff participating in the studies/projects.
• Oversees the management of program data and research data files, including ensuring the confidentiality of data maintained in the files.
• Writes reports on research results and findings for presentation and prepares regular and frequent oral and written reports to USAID, government and partners.
What are we looking for?
• Education: Completion of a university degree in epidemiology, public health, medicine, behavioral or social science, statistics or health science is required.
• Work experience: 5 years of progressive work experience in epidemiology and/or public health programs, including.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS which includes analysis of epidemiologic data and/or research studies will be an advantage.
• Language: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required. Incumbent must be able to compose complex and highly complex written documents.
• Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• The incumbent serves as a recognized regional expert on the epidemiology of HIV infection with a comprehensive knowledge of the methods, principles and techniques used in developing, implementing and analyzing results of epidemiological studies and projects.
• Skill in providing technical expertise and guidance in the development, implementation and evaluation of epidemiological studies and projects and the analysis of epidemiologic data and data collected from program results and operational studies.
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with national and international working partners.
• The incumbent will be expected to be creative in applying guidelines to unique and different settings and sub groups.
• The incumbent will also be expected to exercise considerable innovation during his/her attempts to influence other collaborative partners implementing HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs to adopt appropriate strategies for conducting epidemiological projects and studies.
• Incumbent must have computer skills and the ability to use office software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, and basic statistical software packages.
Remuneration: a competitive market related salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Interested candidates should forward detailed CV/Resume with cover letter and the attached completed Bio data form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Comment postulerClick here to apply
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
88 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui