Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor – Population Services International – South Africa
- Johannesburg, Gauteng, Afrique du Sud
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Suivi & Evaluation
- Date de l'offre:13 Mar 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Job title Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Department HIV/TB – UNITAID STAR Project
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa
Reports to the Project Director
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Since 2015, PSI has led implementation of the UNITAID HIV Self-Testing Africa (STAR) Project. STAR is a multi-country project (Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe) designed to evaluate and scale effective, efficient and ethical HIV self-testing (HIVST) distribution models to increase testing coverage and achieve public health impact. STAR has catalyzed the HIVST market, building increased demand among global donors and country governments and expanding supply of HIVST products. Under STAR, WHO released normative guidance on HIVST.
PSI is planning for a new phase of the STAR Project, in which HIVST will be scaled in existing STAR countries, and expanded to ten new countries throughout Africa and Asia.
We are looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor to lead program monitoring and evaluation efforts for a prospective multi-country UNITAID-funded HIV self-testing project. The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor (M&E Advisor) is responsible for all monitoring, evaluating and reporting activities under the award. The M&E Advisor leads the development of and manages the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (M&E Plan). The M&E Advisor develops data tools, MIS systems and maintains systems to collect and analyze information on inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact of the project. S/he liases with the project’s research partners to coordinate and share inputs. S/he conducts supportive supervisory visits to country-level sub-grantees to observe, monitor, guide, and provide feedback on the use of data and indicators; analyze monthly data, and support training of M&E personnel in quality assurance methods. This position is contingent on funding.
Sound like you? Read on.
You will be responsible for all monitoring, evaluating and reporting activities under the award. You will:
• Ensure the application of global best practices in the generation and use of routine data for the HIV self-testing project, taking into account PSI’s framework for routine monitoring and countries’ existing monitoring systems.
• Technical support for electronic MIS
• Design data quality assurance mechanisms and validate data.
• Triangulate data from multiple data sources.
• Design strategies for engaging with provincial, district, and community levels stakeholders in data collection, interpretation and analysis.
• Work with project countries to analyze routine monitoring data to provide evidence to develop HIV self-testing interventions and ensure continuous improvement, with a particular focus on the use of programmatic dashboards for decision making.
• Support project team on data interpretation and promote regular use of data for program improvement.
• Disseminate best practices throughout the project using various capacity building and communication channels (e.g. trainings, toolkits, teleconferences, etc.).
• Contribute to the performance monitoring evidence base by authoring articles and publishing in peer-reviewed journals; providing support to country-level teams for publication.
• Prepares donor reports to inform about progress against targets
• Presenting at conferences and meetings, and documenting lessons learned for internal and external stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
• You have a Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, or related degree.
• Significant study in fields relevant to malaria care and support project, international development and/or program monitoring and evaluation.
• Strong background or formal training in evaluating international development malaria programs.
• At least five years of experience related to monitoring, evaluating and reporting on programs related to malaria or international development in developing countries.
• Demonstrated statistical analysis skills and use of relevant software.
• Fluency in English.
What would get us excited?
• Experience in design and implementation of M&E systems in HIV programs in Africa.
• Demonstrated knowledge of host country management information systems.
• Proven leadership to support the strengthening of the M&E systems within a host country’s National AIDS Control Program, Ministry of Health and other International Organizations to improve the availability and use of data for decision making.
• Level 6
• Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this positon
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Comment postulerApply here
In your application, please specify that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
144 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui