National Individual Consultant – Communications – UNICEF – Ghana
- Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
Description du Poste
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Assignment
Relationships with key youth stakeholders, including influential figures in Ghana and key companies in the private sector, have been developed and cemented in the last two years at UNICEF Ghana. In order to maintain ongoing, strong relationships between key stakeholders and UNICEF Ghana, it is necessary to have a communication consultant.
With the Communication Unit consisting of a Communication Manager and one Communication Officer as of 29 September 2017, capacity is limited and so the Consultant role will provide support to ensure continued smooth delivery of the outputs and support the Communication Manager. The role would begin in September 2017 and the duration for this consultancy is 11.5 months. The Consultant will work as part of the External Communications Unit in UNICEF Ghana Country Office. S/he will be based in Accra but may be required to travel in the country when necessary.
The purpose of this consultancy is to (1) support engagement with influential stakeholders for youth engagement; (2) to support public advocacy campaign; (3) support private sector engagement; (4) support sections with media materials as directed by Communication Manager.
Support for purpose (1) will include, but not be limited to:1)Researching and developing a database of UNICEF influencers (existing and potential)2)Co-ordinating influencers with sections. 3)Supporting the development of youth engagement strategy 4)Organizing visits and meeting for influencers and develop briefs on existing and potential influencers 5)Drafting press releases as assigned.
Support for purpose (2) will include, but not be limited to:1)Supporting the development of animation on child equity2)Draft briefing materials to support flagship photography series Humans of Ghana 3)Reviewing the images and devising a plan to publicly promote Humans of Ghana series 4)Support the development of creative products for key global UNICEF calendar dates.
Support for purpose (3) will include, but not be limited to:1)Co-ordination ofUNICEF engagement with Ghana Club 100 event to promote Child Rights and Business Principles 2)Creating a database of potential private sector bodies (individuals, foundations and companies), following research and investigation with whom UNICEF can engage
Support for purpose (4) will include, but not be limited to:1)Draft communications materials – e.g. press releases, photography and media briefings to support communications for sections 2)Draft social media plans when necessary to support the Digital Communications Officer 3)Support development of products (e.g. animations, videos) of priority advocacy campaigns4)Draft press releases, speeches and briefings for review of Communication Manager
Support for purpose (5) will include, but not be limited to:1)Writing human interest stories for donor reports 2)Arranging media coverage for special events 3)Managing photo library 4)Updating monitoring matrixes, story logs and media hits and documentation of communications materials/products
Consultant will be required to deliver:
The main outputs of this contract will be:
• Support the development of at least three creative products for UNICEF External Communications public facing campaigns
• Organize at least two events which are specific to strategic engagement with influencers
• Creation of a database of private sector bodies (individuals, foundations and companies) following research and investigation with whom UNICEF can engage
• Co-ordinating meetings and events with private sector companies and industry for Communication Manager and senior representatives of UNICEF Ghana.
• Support in development of branded communication materials when required
• Assist in photographing events when assigned
• Develop a database of UNICEF influencers
• Successfully organize press coverage when assigned
• Create a database of potential young people with whom UNICEF can engage.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Advanced degree in journalism, communication studies, international relations or related field
Years of relevant experience
• Minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience in communications and /or journalism
Competencies of Successful Candidate
• Fluency in English. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge and skill in taking photographs, ability to understand the printing processes an advantage.
• Skills: Knowledge of work in PC, word processing and graphics; ability to conduct research and good problem solving; ability to work in an international and multicultural team.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Please indicate your ability, availability and monthly rate in Ghana Cedi’s (GHS) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Comment postulerUNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=506357
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
65 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui