Operations Manager – Finn Church Aid – CAR
- Bangui, Bangui, République centrafricaine
Description du Poste
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish development cooperation organisation and the second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the international aid alliance of churches and faith-based organisations, ACT Alliance, which has a total of 143 members. FCA’s an-nual budget is about 45 million euros, and the organisation’s staff consists of around 300 people in 17 countries.
Central African Republic is one of FCA’s main program countries, where the organization engages in relief and reconstruction work. FCA established a field office in the country in the autumn 2013.
Since its establishment in Bangui, FCA has developed its program to respond to the acute humanitarian crisis. FCA aims at scaling up its right to quality education activities while exploring additional sectors of activities relating to its themes Right to Peace and Right to Livelihood.
The Operations Manager is responsible to assure coordination between Programme, Logistics and Finance, making sure that all FCA’s programme activities are implemented in a timely and efficient manner. The Operations Manager will report to Country Director.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Regular follow-up with programme and finance staff to ensure that projects are implemented within the limits of agreed budgets with the donors
• Organize internal project kick-offs, monthly follow-up meetings, mid-term reviews and final evaluations and feedback on FCA projects
• Coordinate with the FCA fundraising on donor compliance and requirements
• Keep track on key project results and delivery, such as number of schools and classrooms con-structed/renovated etc. and compile the data for FCA annual reporting
• Responsible for appropriate staffing and human resources of all projects
• Support the Country Director in resource mobilization activities
• Supervise the Logistics and Security Manager in order to comply with FCA’s logistics proce-dures
• Train and supervise the staff regarding logistics to improve their skills and aptitudes
Competence and Personal Requirements:
• At least 5 years’ experience working with NGOs and/or other international agencies
• In-depth knowledge and experience of programme management including logistics and procurement
• Strong analytical as well as administrative and conceptual skills
• High level computer literacy and knowledge of spreadsheet applications
• Knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required
• Some knowledge of financial and HR procedures expected
• Good level of technical skills in mechanics / IT / communications
• Good communication and representative skills
• Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations
• Ability to adapt within the working environment
• Experience in working in the designated area of operations
• Management and/or supervisory experience
• Fluent in written and spoken English and French
Living /Environmental conditions in CAR.The Central African Republic is a nation of 4.6 million people, ranked as one of the poorest nations in the world, with an average life expectancy of only 39 years. Bangui is a capital city of about 700,000 inhabitants. Following 3 years of instability and transitional Government, a newly elected president has been in power for one year, being the first democratically elected president in the country. Instability in the regions is continuing including clashes between several armed groups. The capital Bangui is currently relatively calm, but the security situation is volatile and can change rapidly. Hospitals and access to quality health care is very limited. Malaria is prevalent. It is estimated that 7-8% of the population may be HIV positive. Suitable group housing is available, but electricity and clean water are sometimes sporadic.
The fixed-term contract for this position will be made until June 2018 with four months probation period, starting as soon as possible. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience. Monthly salary includes adverse working conditions allowance. The position is a no-family post and accommodation might be co-housing. Position also includes R&R benefits.
Comment postulerFor more information please contact Ms. Marjo Mäenpää, Marjo.Maenpaa (at) kua.fi. Please apply by using this link no later than 23 April 2017. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis. Suitable candidate may be recruited before the end of application time.
In your application, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
187 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui