Partnership Development Manager – Medair – DR Congo
- Kinshasa, Kinshasa, République démocratique du Congo
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Donor Relations/Grants Management
- Date de l'offre:25 Jan 2018
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Research new funding sources, prepare specific bids, proposals and reports for submission to institutional donors as well as donor relationship management and maintenance of appropriate information systems. Provide strategic support, monitor, review and evaluate all aspects of Medair programmes.
Emergency health projects targeting displaced, war affected and vulnerable populations in Eastern Congo. WASH interventions in health centres and as part of a health emergency response. Opening humanitarian access to remote areas to facilitate referrals, programme operations and access to market.
Field based position in Kinshasa, D.R. Congo. Take a look at Medair’s work in D.R. Congo.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
April 2018. Full time, 24 months.
Key Activity Areas
Donor Relations Management
• Maintain efficient donor relationship management with all new and existing donors.
• Administer the drafting and presentation of all new concept notes, proposals, and associated budgets.
• Maintain current analysis of institutional donor humanitarian policy and practice, trends and funding opportunities as well as general context based on all discussions at Kinshasa level.
• Maintain a database of all potential in country donors for DRC and update to DRC management staff and Programme Coordinators on donor strategies, geographical and thematic priorities, future calls and requirements for applications.
• Participate to all forums of coordination where general or technical information is shared. In particular Humanitarian Advisory Group, UNOCHA coordination meeting, CD meeting, INGO Forum meetings, Humanitarian Country Team, National Clusters, etc.
• Oversee work of Logistics Officers in dealings with the national government in particular in keeping tabs on the renewal of different official documents; deliverance of work visas, official paperwork, etc.
• Maintain official contacts with the different embassies where Medair staff is registered.
• Ensure that best practice is communicated, followed and shared in all aspects of grants management.
• Develop, network and maintain good relations with the in-country representatives of relevant stakeholders in order to secure the presence of Medair in the country.
• See that all information is well classified for use by the rest of the team. Relevant information should be easy to find, and relevant people should be aware of issuing of new information.
• Link up with Communication Officer (CO) in order to determine the right material to produce, under which timeline and to what public so that use of communication material use is maximised in country.
Programme and Quality Management
• Develop and implement a relevant and sustainable country strategy that is in line with the main priorities of national documents such as the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) developed by OCHA.
• Ensure that relevant technical guidelines are considered during proposal writing.
• Regular field trips to locations where Medair is active (N. Kivu, Ituri, Kasai) or to new locations either alone or alongside other Medair personnel (assessment team or other single visits such as DCDS or CD).
• Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programmes and interventions during field visits and at other relevant times.
• Participate to monitoring and evaluation of programme activities and outputs, implementing corrective actions based on important points of discussion at national level.
• Establish and maintain appropriate systems and procedures to ensure the compliance with donor contracts and other requirements.
• Represent Medair at country-level meetings with donors, as required.
• Manage the Kinshasa budget and line manage Kinshasa team.
• Facilitate team member visits to Kinshasa (arranging appointments, transport, accommodation, etc.).
Team Spiritual Life
• Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
• Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
• Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
• University degree in a relevant subject such as Management / Development Studies / Business Administration or in a relevant technical subject.
• Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
• 1 years post-qualification experience in a complex humanitarian emergency.
• Proven ability to work with people from a range of cultural, social, ethnic backgrounds, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills, including the ability to develop and manage effective relationships with current and new donors. Good negotiation and networking skills.
• Advanced planning, assessment and analytical skills. M&E experience.
• Able to work with project budgets. Proven and successful report and proposal writing skills.
• Team-player with good inter-personal skills. Problem solver, dynamic, mature.
• This is a field-based position and working and living conditions may be very different to that previously experienced.
Comment postulerApplication Process Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the: • Medair organisational values. • Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS). • Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions). • Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS). Then to apply, go to http://relief.medair.org/en/jobs/positions/partnership-development-manager/ page, then: apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs) Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
79 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui