Planning and Management Advisor (Somali Nationals ONLY) – UN Development Programme – Somalia
- Jowhaar, Shabeellaha Dhexe, Somalie
Description du Poste
Job Title: Planning and Management Advisor Job Category: Expert
Department/Group: Minister of Planning, International Cooperation and Diaspora Relations, Hirshabelle State of Somalia Location: Jowhar, Hirshabelle State of Somalia
Reporting Line: Primary Reporting Line: MOPIC Minister/DG
Secondary Reporting Line State formation/StEFS Project Team, UNDP Somalia
Duration: 3 months (Renewable subject to performance & funding)
Date: ASAP Position Type: Capacity Injection
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Hirshabelle Interim Administration was established in October 2016. It comprises of Hiiran and Middle Shabelle regions. The establishment of Hirshabelle paves the way to focus efforts on building a functioning administration that is able to deliver much needed services to local communities. The Support to Emerging Federal States Project is one of the Projects developed in response to the New Deal. Aligned to the priorities and principles spelled out in the Somali Compact, the Project aims to support the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) and Emerging Federal States inclusive of Hirshabelle, in achieving the Peace-building Goal (PSG).
The newly formed Hirshabelle State needs technical support to develop its ministerial organizational structures, develop organizational and development plans and establish coordination mechanism at national and international cooperation level. In this context, through UNDP Support to Federal States(STEFS) , Technical Planning and Management Advisor is recruited . The Advisor will provide guidance and assistance to Offices of the Minister, President and Vice President and other key ministries on Organization development, policies and procedures, planning, coordination, report writing and linkages with related international and national partners to support state building, peace and development agenda.
The role of the Planning, Coordination and Research Advisor is to be provide technical support to Office of the President and related ministries on organization structure development, planning and coordination process. The specific tasks that the adviser will undertake include:
• Support office of the president/Ministries to facilitate organization structure development, planning and implementation process.
• Support Linkages of HirShabelle with national and international partners in the area of peace, development and security.
• Promote good business practices and provide the best possible services to its members on a sustainable basis.
• Collect, compile and disseminate statistical data and other information to facilitate planning and implementation process.
• Collaborate with national/regional/international partners, organizations, or bodies in order to foster mutually beneficial relationships.
• Support in planning and implementation of Peace and Stability Goals;
• Build the capacity of HirShabelle Ministries’ , including Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation, to deliver its mandate and functions.
• Assist in the production of planning and monitoring tools (ad-hoc reports, study reports, policy reports, special reports, annual reports, commentary on the budget, etc.), including updating the socio-economic database;
• Provision of inputs to the programming work to the Support to Emerging Federal States project of UNDP Somalia.
• Support senior management of HirShabelle in designing relevant opinions, directives, procedures and assistance in carrying out Government principles and policies on a strategic management, and performance improvement perspectives
The incumbent should:-
• Support development of HirShabelle Strategic Plan
• Establish Development Planning, implementation plan, in coordination with relevant ministries.
• Support the ministry to conduct related research and surveys in the area to facilitate planning.
• Develop capacity of the President, Vice President and Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation.
• Provide an inception report, weekly, monthly progress reports and a final report. The inception report should cover the strategy and methodology of the consultant to reach the objectives of the assignment. The progress reports are intended to monitor the progress of the strategy and methodology drawn in the inception phase.
• The inception report should be submitted not later than 15 working days after commencing the assignment
• The progress reports should be submitted on a monthly basis and this will be linked to the disbursement of the consultancy fees.
• The Monthly report should be submitted end of each month and final report end of the assignment.
Masters, University degree in Public Policy, Development planning or related disciplines.
At least 7 years of proven experience in development management, programme implementation and development.
2-4 years relevant experience in analytical work in the field of planning, preferably with a focus on developing countries.
Specific experience in carrying out the tasks described in this TOR;
• Excellent analytical skills, ability to synthesize and clearly present complex processes and issues to service the information needs of diverse audiences;
• Ability to translate strategic thinking and innovative ideas into practical operational recommendations;
• Results orientation and commitment to producing high-quality products;
• Ability to work under tight deadlines;
• Ability to support strategic planning, results-based programming, management, reporting as well as resource mobilization efforts;
• Ability to support formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes and projects;
• Demonstrates outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills;
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills;
• Strong IT skills. Encourages the use of new technologies and strives for high standard of professional work;
• Strong inter-personal skills: Ability to motivate and inter-act with colleagues at all levels within the organization as well as with inter-agency partners.
Languages: fluent writing and speaking in English and Somali is a must p://gp.
Comment postulerAPPLICATION PROCESS: This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 8th June 2017. Due to high volume of applicants we can only contact to short listed candidates. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
228 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui