Procurement and Logistics Officer (P2) – Democratic Republic of Congo
Description du Poste
Position Title Procurement and Logistics Officer
Duty Station : Kinshasa, Dem. Rep. Congo
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 26 March 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Congo, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic,
Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana,
Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands,
Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay,
Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and in collaboration with the Global Procurement Supply Unit/Field Procurement Unit at the Manila Administrative Centre, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for ensuring the appropriate implementation of Instructions, Regulations and Rules which govern IOM management of resources related to procurement in the Mission and sub-offices. S/he will be responsible and accountable for providing support to ongoing activities with procurement and logistics services.
S/he will also contribute to providing recommendations aiming at increasing effectiveness, efficiency and transparency of the procurement management in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The successful candidate, in coordination with Global Procurement and Supply Unit (GPSU), will be responsible and accountable for procurement and supply chain activities for the IOM
DRC, measured by IOM Procurement and Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators: • Best Value Sourcing and Value for Money
• Availability and Quality
• Compliance and Stewardship
• Productivity and Efficiency
Page 1 / 4Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate with the COM and RMO on the strategic planning for procurement and logistical needs.
2. Assist in the implementation of procurement, logistics, facilities maintenance, asset administration, warehousing and transport support (Fleet Management) within established internal control mechanisms.
3. Monitor and update information/database for vendor/contractor accreditation and evaluation process to ensure availability of pool reliable vendors and contractors to address the needs of the country.
4. Contribute technical inputs for the preparation and implementation of permanent instructions for procurement, warehouse operations and asset administration that are compliant to IOM’s general instructions, policies and procedures and donor requirements. 5. Update tracking system to account for commodities, supplies, equipment and project’s assets in various sub-offices. Monitor tracking system and ensure that it is functioning properly. 6. Support response capacity to the operational demands of IOM DRC. 7. Assist the programme management in preparing and issuing call for proposals and bidding documents for the tendering of the project. Verify if proper biddings are done transparently and in accordance with the set rules and regulations under the Field Procurement Manual. 8. Train and supervise procurement and logistics assistants in DRC ensuring that they conform to established procedures and assist in producing monthly and regular reports. 9. Organize and maintain proper procurement and filing systems as well assist RMO in records keeping management in relation to the projects.
10. Identify transport companies and deploy effective and reliable vehicles for transporting personnel, materials and equipment needed in programme implementation. 11. Work with the programme management in field missions and provide support in preparing and issuing call for proposals and bidding documents for the tendering processes of the projects. Ensure bidding process are done fairly, transparently and in accordance with the set rules and regulations under the IOM Procurement Manual IN/168 Rev2. 12. Provide guidance to Country Offices and sub offices to implement contract tracking and administration system to ensure proper tracking and monitoring of contracts/agreements procured by projects. Provide support in drafting contracts agreements, including Long Term Agreements (LTAs), and ensure that proper coordination with Legal Unit is adhered to prior to any engagement to the contracting party.
13. Carry out road assessment missions and certify that the conditions of roads are adequate enough for the movement of people and supplies in coordination with the Security Officer Kinshasa and liaison with UNDSS.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Page 2 / 4• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Strong technical experience in procurement and logistics at an international level; • Diverse experience working on complex projects and emergencies, specifically meeting timelines and milestones;
• Experience living and working in Phase 3 security environment;
• Knowledge of asset management processes and procedures.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Page 3 / 4Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 26 March 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Comment postulerFor further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
32 vues totales, 2 aujourd'hui
Postuler à cette annonce
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez trouvé cette offre d'emploi sur Imaginafrica.net (le job board de l'Afrique).