Procurement Officer – Danish Refugee Council – South Sudan
- Juba, Central Equatoria, Soudan du Sud
Description du Poste
We are looking for highly qualified, self-motivated Procurement Officer able to work with diverse teams of both national and international staff as well as local government authorities, UN agencies, I/NGOs and other partners under difficult, stressful and sometimes insecure conditions.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) and Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries through-out the world, including South Sudan. DRC/DDG fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities. Under its mandate, the organization focuses on emergency humanitarian response, rehabilitation, post-conflict recovery and humanitarian mine-action.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) in conjunction with Danish Demining Group (DDG) has been operating in South Sudan since 2005 initially concentrating on providing safe and supportive conditions for refugees returning from neighboring countries after the Comprehensive Peace Agreement was signed.
In 2012 – 2013, DRC opened its operations in Upper Nile and Unity States to respond to the large influx of refugees coming from Blue Nile State and South Kordofan (Sudan). In addition to the refugee response and since 2014, DRC has been then actively engaged in responding to the humanitarian needs of IDPs affected by the internal conflict through the provision of integrated approaches.
With a total of 450 national staff, 50 expatriate staff and an annual budget of USD 20 million, we are currently implementing multi-sectorial interventions through the provision of humanitarian services focused on CCCM, Protection, SGBV, FSL, Shelter and Infrastructure to both internally displaced persons and refugees across 5 field sites (Ajuong Thok, Bentiu, Maban, Malakal and Melut).
About the job
The specific duties of the DRC DDG South Sudan Procurement Officer will encompass the key area of procurement. Overall the procurement officer will be responsible for the following:
• Establish a rigorous, accountable and transparent procurement system, compliant with the DRC South Sudan operational SOPs, local law and donor requirements;
• Ensure adequate and fit-for-purpose logistics support strategy rooted in national staff capacity development
• Enhance the quality of procurement and administration throughout the project cycle.
• In collaboration with programme managers and other staff, ensure that the procurement plans are developed
• Provide procurement support to ensure timely and effective supply to programmes and meet operational needs
• Implement and monitor framework agreements
• Ensure regular surveys of suppliers are conducted, and keep updated supplier’s database
• Ensure all contract payments are processed in a timely manner
• Advocate with all program teams in the field for procurement planning, in line with DRC south Sudan Operational SOPs (which are based on DRC Operations Handbook);
• Guide Area Logistic Manager/ area logistic team for the implementation of all procurement processes at the field level and help them in implementing/reinforcing a tracking system for all local procurement on behalf of program teams;
• Support field Logistics Managers and procurement staff with updating of local supplier databases and develop a schedule for updating;
• Ensure proper accounting, reporting, internal controls and maintenance/filing of records;
• Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are reported to QMA in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework;
• Produce Procurement training materials specific to the South Sudan context on the base of DRC south Sudan operational SOPs
• Build capacity of national logistics staff by conducting trainings in field both off job trainings and on job trainings.
• Coordinate and liaise with Procurement team in all DRC south Sudan bases.
• Assist procurement manager in other day to day tasks.
• Lead the procurement department in absence of procurement manager.
To be successful in this role
• Degree in Logistics & Supply Chain, Business Administration, or other related field
• 1 years of NGO/UN field experience in a similar position and preferably in similar context.
• Proven experience of capacity building of national staff
• Ability to work in a conflict setting, where frequent interruption of activities due to security incidents occur
• Good communication skills (reading, writing, speaking)
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must
• Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
• Willingness to work in the field and travel when needed
• Fluency in English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
• Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract: 1 year contract renewable dependent on both funding and performance
Duty Station: Juba.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.dk under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level A16.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 23rd April , 2017. Please note, according to the need of this position in different bases, applicants may be shortlisted and interviewed prior to the closing date.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.dk
Comment postulerClick below link to apply: Here
In your application, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
74 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui