Programme Support Officer (Migrant Resource and Response Mechanism (MRMM)) – International Organization for Migration – Niger
- Niamey, Communauté Urbaine de Niamey, Niger
Description du Poste
Position Title : Programme Support Officer (Migrant Resource and Response
Duty Station : Niamey, Niger
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 21 August 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland,
Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the
Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM), the direct supervision of the Programme Manager (Migrant Resource and Response Mechanism (MRRM)), and in close cooperation with relevant sector units and field offices, the successful candidate will provide programme and technical assistance for the various MRRM activities, including conducting research, drafting project and donor reports, assisting with the development of project proposals, and data review and analysis
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support and follow up on the planning and implementation of a variety of MRRM programme components.
2. Provide information and technical inputs in relation to the development of project proposals, concept notes, reporting and monitoring & evaluation frameworks.
3. Liaise with the Resources Management Unit to coordinate financial and administrative requirements. Follow up with Regional Thematic Specialists (RTSs) at the Regional Office (RO) in Dakar for the timely endorsement of project reports and proposals.
4. Analyze and conduct research on funding opportunities, funding priorities and programming interests and draft appropriate materials highlighting relevant IOM programming areas; gather data on MRRM related initiatives to be used for programme development and resource mobilization.
5. Update the MRRM Programme Development and Reporting Database on a monthly basis and remind Programme Managers of impending deadlines.
6. Maintain operational level liaison with the project/programme partners, such as concerned Government of Niger (GoN) authorities, other concerned UN agencies and working groups, aiming at coordinating and promoting new activities and facilitating the implementation of ongoing activities and fund raising for new projects/programmes.
7. Organize field visits for donor representatives, IOM visitors and GoN officials, as needed.
8. Contribute to the development and updating of external informational materials, including IOM Fact Sheets and stories, etc.
9. Draft the MRRM Programme Manager and COM’s speeches for approval.
10. Maintain relevant archives and files.
11. Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Law, Political or Social Sciences, International Cooperation/Relations, Humanitarian Affairs, Development Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience working in NGO, UN, international organizations or Diplomatic missions;
• Thorough knowledge of the functions of intergovernmental organizations and familiarity with
IOM and the UN system;
• Experience in liaising with the national and international entities, specifically donors;
• Familiarity with the issues of migration programmes;
• Experience in information management/public information, project/programme development, reporting and/or Monitoring and Evaluation;
• Experience in producing materials targeting outside audiences and policy documents;
• Familiarity with standard office applications;
• Capacity in MS Publisher, Photoshop, website design and similar application desired;
• Knowledge of social media an advantage;
• Work experience in the region an advantage.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Comment postulerInterested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 21 August 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-... In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system. Posting period: From 08.08.2017 to 21.08.2017 Requisition: VN 2017/174 (P) - Programme Support Officer (MRRM) (P2) - Niamey, Niger (55141829) Released Posting: Posting NC55141872 (55141872) Released
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
133 vues totales, 2 aujourd'hui