Project Assistant (Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling) – UNODC – Sudan
- Khartoum, Khartoum, Soudan
Description du Poste
I. Position Information
Contract Type and Grade: Service Contract, SB-3
Duration of contract: 1 year (renewable upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds)
Supervisors: Programme Coordinator (Trafficking in Persons and Migrants Smuggling)
Deadline for application: 17 February, 2018
Duty Station: Khartoum, Sudan
II. Organizational Context
Within the Regional Programme for the Arab States to Prevent and Combat Crime, Terrorism and Health Threats and Strengthen Criminal Justice Systems in line with International Human Rights Standards (2016-2021), Sub-Programme 1 on “Organized Crime”, UNODC is implementing the project “Strengthening the framework of the Arab Region to prevent and combat human trafficking and migrant smuggling”, managed by the UNODC Regional Office for the Middle East and North Africa (ROMENA), based in Cairo.
The Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Expert located in Khartoum, Sudan will be the first reporting officer and the Programme Coordinator (Trafficking in Persons and Migrant Smuggling) based in Cairo, Egypt will be the second reporting officer. The Project Assistant (Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling) will work closely with the National Programme Officer (Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling) based in Khartoum, Sudan.
External contacts: The work of the incumbent entails dealing with external contacts from different UN agencies and other counterparts inside and outside the duty station.
III. Purpose of the assignment
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator (Trafficking in Persons and Migrant Smuggling), the Project Assistant (Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling) will support the implementation of the Sudan component of the UNODC project “Strengthening the framework of the Arab Region to prevent and combat human trafficking and migrant smuggling”. This will include:
• Support the administrative and financial planning and logistical implementation of the project strategies and activities as outlined in the project document;
• Support the development of detailed work plans and accompanying budgets and budget revisions for all project activities for the timely and realistic achievement of the project objectives, and monitor expenditure per funding agreement;
• Support timely project review, revisions, monitoring and completion of related reporting obligations;
• Organize and oversee all procurement of services as per project activities and in line with UN procurement regulations and financial rules;
• Monitor the issuance of payments for services procured and costs incurred for the purposes of the project;
• Prepare Terms of Reference for sub-contractors to ensure qualitative and objective procurement of services and support quality assurance of deliverables;
• Prepare and contribute to field missions and capacity-building activities, including the preparation of workshops and trainings in the MENA region under the project, and carry out logistical and administrative arrangements, including the preparation of travel requests and expense reports for meetings’ participants;
• Translate short written outputs and communication from English to Arabic and vice versa;
• Control and administer all project documents and maintain updated records for the different project deliverables and revisions;
• Carry out any other tasks as required.
IV. Recruitment Qualifications
Smooth implementation of UNODC activities on human trafficking and migrant smuggling.
V. Competencies and Critical Success Factors
Professionalism: Project administration experience and skills, and general understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to crime prevention and international relations. Knowledge of the operational modalities of UNODC. Good analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and contribute to the solution of problems/issues; sound judgment and political sensibility.
Communication: Effective communication (spoken, written and presentational) skills. Ability to prepare, consolidate inputs and finalize programmatic reports, project documents and other relevant materials.
Teamwork: Good inter-personal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnership and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
Planning, organizing and managing performance: Ability to plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and to use time efficiently. Ability to organize and implement activities and outputs. Ability to maintain focus and pay attention to necessary details.
Accountability: Reliability and a high level of commitment to timely delivery of a heavy volume of high quality outputs and to achieving organizational goals. Strong sense of responsibility and result orientation.
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
• First level university degree in administration, human resources, project management or related areas. **
• Four years of relevant progressively responsible professional experience in the administration of projects, including on human resources, financial management, procurement or related areas is required.
• Knowledge of and exposure to anti-human trafficking and/or migrant smuggling work or relevant areas is desirable.
• Work experience with the United Nations system or similar international organizations is desirable.
Other desirable skills:
• Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages are required;
• Experience and readiness to travel within the region are required.
• Experience in handling web-based management systems is an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in the Umoja financial management system is an advantage.
• Fluency in English and Arabic;
Comment postulerInterested candidates should submit their duly filled P.11 form and a cover letter explaining why they think they are the best candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Saturday, 17 February 2018, writing in the subject line the title of the position.
- Pas de mots clés
65 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui