Project Director – CARE USA – Sierra Leone
- Freetown, Western Area, Sierra Leone
Description du Poste
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries and reached 65 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
CARE is seeking a Project Director who will have overall leadership and management of the project in the design, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and marketing. In particular, She/he will make every effort to ensure that the Project’s objectives/outputs are achieved according to the work plan and within the contracted project period. She/He will be required to liaise with donor, implementing partners (IPs) and national and district government agencies, and the Ministry of Health and Sanitation. The positions will be based in Freetown, with occasional trips to the field project sites. He/she will report to the Country Director and coordinate with the program support unit: Logistics, Admin and Finance to ensure a smooth and coordinated approach to project implementation. He/she will represent CARE in coordination meetings with Implementing Partners, national and district authorities.
• Project Leadership
• Coordination, Collaboration and Networking
• Monitoring & Evaluation, Documentation and Reporting
• Managing People
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Post-graduate degree in Social or Development Studies
• More than 5 years experience in managing and implementing integrated projects with International NGOs in long term development settings
• Ability to develop and foster external organizational relationships and applied representation skills
• Experience in project management and managing budgets, result-based programming.
• Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation. Experienced in reporting compilation.
• Experiencing dealing with varied donors:USAID, KfW, DFID, etc.
• Excellent in budget formulation and expense tracking
• Must have computer and MS Office skills
• Strong leadership and management experience with at least 5 years of supervisory experience
• Excellent coordination, negotiation and facilitation skills
• Advanced written and spoken English Language skills
• Knowledge and skills in participatory rural appraisal tools, conducting needs assessments and community planning.
• Ability to coach and mentor staff in a cross cultural environment
• Readiness to work with people of all backgrounds without bias
Comment postulerTo apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&... Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply. CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
50 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui