Project Manager – D-tree International – Zanzibar
- Zanzibar Town, Zanzibar Urban/West Region, Tanzanie
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Santé
- Date de l'offre:10 Avr 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Who we are
D-tree International harnesses the power of mobile technology to improve the quality of healthcare delivery by supporting health workers and their supervisors to provide better care to their clients. D-tree’s partnership model focuses on supporting existing health systems and programs by collaborating with governments, funding agencies, and NGOs to support frontline health workers in communities and at health facilities. The starting point of the work is the development and delivery of electronic protocols on mobile devices that guide health workers by prompting them to ask specific questions and take appropriate action. D-tree has been working in Zanzibar since 2010 on projects focused on maternal and child health. In close collaboration with the Zanzibar Ministry of Health, D-tree has trained more than 400 Community Health Volunteers who serve more than 80% of the population as part of the Safer Deliveries program. D-tree is currently scaling up this program throughout all of Zanzibar to support Community Health Volunteers to provide high quality care to pregnant women to encourage facility deliveries and postpartum follow up in order to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality. Through the Safer Deliveries program, D-tree is also supporting the Ministry to design and implement an emergency referral system to support effective ambulance coordination for obstetric and neonatal emergencies.
Who you are
We are seeking a full time Project Manager, based in Stone Town, Zanzibar, to lead our Safer Deliveries program. This is a dynamic and challenging role requiring an individual with experience managing projects, leading and building the capacity of teams, engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders, and who has a passion for using technology and innovation in daily work.
You are someone who is just as comfortable developing work plans, schedules and budgets as you are learning to use software to configure and adapt mobile applications. You have the ability to see the big picture but also have an acute attention to detail. You enjoy thinking analytically about problems and logically developing protocols and processes to support work flows. You love data and enjoy analyzing data to understand and inform program planning. You are passionate about developing and leading a team and committed to capacity building and mentoring.
What you will do
You will be a key member of the D-tree team and the leader of our Zanzibar office. Your main role will be to manage the Safer Deliveries program, a four-year, Saving Lives at Birth funded cooperative agreement administered through USAID which runs through May 2019. You will manage a team of six – eight staff in Unguja and Pemba to implement the program and continuously monitor and modify to meet program objectives and improve Ministry of Health ownership and integration. You will be responsible for program administration and finances and lead all reporting activities to USAID. You will also actively identify areas for collaboration and explore additional funding opportunities to expand D-tree’s portfolio in Zanzibar.
You will also learn about the technology used in D-tree’s work and develop your skills to support modifications to our mobile applications and program dashboards. As a result of understanding the technology, you will be better able to communicate the potential of D-tree’s work to existing and future partners. While based in Zanzibar, you will be a integral part of D-tree’s global team and regularly communicate with colleagues based in other offices, both in mainland Tanzania and internationally.
· Lead & manage the Zanzibar based office & staff (6-8 employees):
o Oversee a diverse team working in Unguja and Pemba to ensure program goals are met
o Support day-to-day management and mentorship of staff
o Ensure staff are motivated, empowered and given professional development opportunities
o Lead recruitment efforts for new staff, as needed
· Be accountable for finance, administration and USAID compliance for the Zanzibar office
o Approve staff timesheets
o Approve advances and expenses
o Authorize mobile money and bank payments
o Ensure integrity of petty cash, mobile money account, and bank account
o Liaise with the Dar es Salaam based team on issues around procurement, finances and operations as needed
o Ensure compliance with D-tree and funder procedures and policies
· Manage grants across the Zanzibar portfolio, including general administration, information management, and budget monitoring and compliance for USAID and private funding sources
· Monitor and report on progress on all project objectives; ensure staff and partners are kept on track to achieve results
o Develop presentations and lead communication with donors for review meetings
o Write work plans and annual reports for donors
o In collaboration with the Technical Advisor, develop and lead review meetings with the Ministry of Health
· Working with the Program Coordinator, develop and oversee implementation of mixed methods program evaluations, including development of tools, oversight of data collection, and analysis.
· Develop application specifications including flowcharts, detailed protocols, and tools
· Be willing to learn to use software programs to build and maintain mobile applications
· Make updates and changes to mobile application using Mangologic software; communicate about any bugs or updates to the mobile application with technical team to ensure usability of mobile applications
· Be willing to learn SQL programming to support development of program dashboards
· Work with the D-tree Chief Program Officer, Technical Advisor, Country Director (based in Dar es Salaam) and headquarters (US based) staff to design new projects and write proposals
· Develop and adjust project strategies and work plans
· Develop monitoring, supervision, and evaluation frameworks
· Establish strategic alliances with other implementing organizations and donors in Zanzibar to explore areas for collaboration and expansion
· In close collaboration with the Technical Advisor, foster effective working relationship with Government at all levels; collaborate on strategic planning and reporting activities
· Communicate effectively through available forums at regional, district, ward and village level the position or/and role of D-tree International Tanzania
· Working with the Technical Advisor, represent D-tree to senior government officials/personnel and with NGO partners
· Present project highlights and results at meetings and forums/conferences
What we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated, passionate individual who is willing to wear multiple hats and do what it takes to make our programs succeed. The following attributes are a general overview, but we will consider individuals who do not meet all of the details below if you have the right skillset and attitude.
· Minimum 3 years’ work experience, including experience managing projects
· Experience managing, motivating and mentoring a team
· Experience living in a developing country strongly preferred
· Master’s degree in a relevant field desired, but not required (public health, IT, social or physical sciences)
· Superior analytic skills; ability to think logically and rationally about problems
· Must be able to work independently, multi-task, collaborate with a distributed team, be persistent and work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
· Excellent written and spoken English and Swahili (preferred)
· Experience working with USAID funding (preferred)
· A can-do attitude: You remain optimistic in the face of adversity and creatively solve problems to get things done.
· A systems thinker: You are able to understand linkages and interactions between individual components in a health system, and design solutions to strengthen the overall system.
· An innovator: You enjoy thinking outside of the box and want to use that thinking to solve pressing global health problems.
· A detail oriented & strategic thinker: You pay attention to small details and focus on quality and consistency, but also have the ability to see the big picture and think strategically.
Comment postulerApplication information To apply for this role please follow the instructions below. Applications which do not meet these requirements will not be considered. Email the following documents to email@example.com 1. Cover letter, clearly and concisely explaining how you meet each of the required skills and experience specified above 2. Your current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume, showing your work history & achievements 3. A writing sample 4. Include subject: “Zanzibar Project Manager” Deadline for applications: Open until filled If you are not contacted within 30 days please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Due to the expected high level of interest in this role it will not be possible for us to contact those candidates who have not been shortlisted for interview. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE Many thanks for your interest in D-tree International.
In your application, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
140 vues totales, 3 aujourd'hui