Public Health Delegate – International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies – Nigeria
- Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Santé
- Date de l'offre:17 Mai 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. Organizational Context
The Secretariat of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is organized into four Business groups in Geneva and five Business Groups in the field, namely the Regional Offices for Africa, Americas, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, and Middle East and North Africa (MENA). The Africa Regional Business Group is organized through cluster offices covering the National Societies in Eastern Africa, Southern Africa, West Coast, Sahel and Central Africa as well as country offices in Liberia, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Republic of South Sudan, Chad, Niger, Nigeria, Somalia. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, in its commitment to build strong National Societies and to support scaling up of National Societies’ services to the most vulnerable populations, is established in Nigeria since 2013. The NS/IFRC carried out several needs and capacity assessment in the last months. As a result of the deteriorating situation, an EPOA was done. This EPoA would target a total more than 300.000 people most in need of urgent assistance, specially IDPs and returnees in the NE States of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe to be assisted with food, water, sanitation and hygiene, education, resilience building, community health services (primary health), psychosocial support (PSS), livelihoods as well as cash transfers. This plan of action is expected to be implemented until the end of 2018. The IFRC EPoA to support the Nigerian RC, is part of One International Appeal, issued by ICRC. The management of this operation and the implementation of these activities requires the recruitment of a Public Health Delegate. Job Purpose
Reporting to the FACT Team leader/Ops manager (once in place), the Public Health Delegate will :
• Lead and coordinate the emergency health preparedness and response activities of the EPOA, with a particular focus on national Society capacity building, coordination and collaboration, knowledge management and organisation learning.
• Liaise with ICRC as the Movement partner involved into this operation and also with the others Movement partners
• Employ a risk reduction and resilience approach, these activities include disease prevention and control, epidemic preparedness and response, psychosocial support and sanitation. This entails liaising with the communicators in the National Society, the ICRC and at other Movement partners to ensure timely and quality production of updates and other possible outputs. Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Public Health Delegate is responsible for:
• Monitor epidemiological data, health indicators, disaster and disease patterns for analysis and early detection of cases concerns. Facilitate the identification of necessary readiness and response actions to be taken, where necessary.
• Support the further development and mobilization of national and regional health unit as part of the regional disaster response teams.
• Contribute to the development as well as reviews of Federation response mechanisms, operating procedures and protocols affecting different levels of the organization.
• Support in the planning, implementation and management of the health component of National Society emergency response and recovery programs supported and coordinated by the Federation.
• Support the Nigeria operation, in ensuring that the physical and mental health needs of staff are well-looked after, and that staff health procedures and medical evacuation plans are updated regularly.
• Monitor regional and national epidemiological data, standard health indicators and disaster patterns for analysis and early detection of trends, disease outbreaks and/or epidemics. Facilitate the identification of necessary actions and corrective measures to be taken, where necessary.
• Obtain and collate information, reports and case studies from preparedness and response by the Nigeria National Society and establish best practices on emergency health and epidemic preparedness and response and share knowledge within and outside the Movement.
• Provide technical guidance, and where necessary, direct and coordinate the Federation’s international public health response in emergencies in an accountable manner, and in cooperation with ICRC and all relevant partners.
• Where necessary, participate in assessments and start-up of emergency operations within the region in close collaboration with the Head of operation, the OPS Manager and the regional DM Unit in Nairobi.
Knowledge management and organizational learning
• Identify and document good practices on emergency health preparedness and response.
• Compile essential technical guidelines, references, reports and case studies on health activities preparedness and response, and made them available through Federation platforms.
Coordination and collaboration
• Participate in and work with relevant regional emergency health networks and coordination mechanisms with a view of improving health interventions in the operation, as well as strengthening effective and coordinated health response.
• As part of the Federation’s global emergency health team, participate in defining collective priorities and initiatives to contribute to the delivery of the secretariat’s strategic operational framework for health in general, and in emergency health in particular.
NS capacity building
• Support National Societies’ emergency health preparedness and response capacity strengthening consistent with their mandates and roles agreed with national authorities related to the Nigeria operation.
• Promote, and where possible facilitate, the integration and mainstreaming of emergency health programs and initiatives into the Nigerian National Society health programs. Education
Medical or other health-related degree – Required
Post-graduate education in public health – Required
Diploma or training in tropical medicine, infectious diseases control, or humanitarian assistance – Preferred Experience
At least 5 years of experience in managing emergency health programmes and interventions – Required
At least 5 years programme management experience in an international humanitarian organisation – Required
At least 5 years of experience in working with national counterparts – Required
Health programme management experience within the Red Cross/Red Crescent system, preferably in an emergency response setting – Required
Community based health programmes experience, including community disease surveillance, Community health first aid, PSS programs, volunteers training and/or others – Preferred
Experience in population displacement context and complex emergencies – Preferred
Experience in working with a national Red Cross Red Crescent society – Preferred
Experience of financial management to ensure compliance – Required Knowledge, skills and languages
Self-supporting in computers – Required
Extensive knowledge of the Federation’s health and disaster management objectives, mandate and programme orientation, as well as emergency health and disaster management system, tools and mechanisms – Required
Ability to work under stressful conditions, meet deadlines and travel extensively to support field operations or training – Required
Good Analytical thinking skills – Required
Communication and presentation skills – Required
Good training and facilitation skills – Required
Good Knowledge of the region and the Country targeted – Preferred
Fluent in written and spoken English – Required Competencies and values
National Society relations
Strategic orientation – Communication – Teamwork
Professionalism – Integrity – Diversity
Results focus and accountability
Comment postulerPlease submit your application using the following link: http://www.ifrc.org/who-we-are/working-with-us/current-vacancies/
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
168 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui