Regional HR Partner – Plan – Sénégal
Description du Poste
Plan International is evolving in response to shifts in international development and humanitarian response. We are doing this so we can continue to make a stand for children’s rights.
Having identified girls as the most marginalised group, they will be our ongoing focus as we work towards helping 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive within their communities.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
If you are passionate about advancing children’s rights and equality for girls, and if you have a proven track-record of successfully supporting and helping to shape organisations through a period of transformation, we’d love to hear from you. This role offers the successful senior HR professional a real opportunity to be involved at the very start of an exciting journey which they will share with a team of highly dedicated and enthusiastic individuals both in the Region itself and across our global networks.
As Regional Human Resources Business Partner you will provide coordinated HR&OD leadership, technical support and strategic direction for the HR function across the West Africa Region.
You will have responsibility for ensuring that Plan International’s standards and good practice in terms of HR policies, procedures and practices are adhered to whilst reflecting local considerations such as employment law and culture.
Within the West Africa Region there are 15 Country Offices and the Regional Office which together have circa 1500 staff and an annual budget of around Euros 100m.
Responsibilities will also include:
• Providing strategic/senior HR support to senior management in the region.
• Support and manage all people aspects of Plan’s global strategy and change agenda for the region.
• Providing leadership, management and direction of the Regional Office Human Resources function.
• Ensure that the region utilises HRIS and provides HR process excellence and effective HR analytical data to assess performance and other key metrics.
• Create a strong Human Resources and Organizational Development network across the region and build its capacity.
• Provide high quality input into the development of global HR&OD initiatives, policies and procedures.
• Provide regional HR operational services including risk management and compliance.
Do you have what it takes?
In order to succeed in this challenging and varied role you will require proven experience of working in a senior HR position, preferably with regional level remit or responsibilities that span across more than country.
Proven experience in supporting successfully managing and implementing change is crucial.
Experience of working with a global HRIS system and able to identify and communicate key HR analytical data
Experience of working within organizational development in culturally diverse contexts, preferably experience in working for an international organisation or NGO at the regional level.
Excellent English and French language skills both written and verbal.
Our organisational values are designed to help everyone who works with us achieve our ambitious goals for children, especially girls.
We are open and accountable
• Promote a culture of transparency, including with sponsors and donors
• Hold ourselves and others accountable
• Are consistent and fair in the treatment of people
• Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them
• Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children and young people
We strive for lasting impact
• Articulate a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations
• Create a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas
• Focus resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises
• Using evidence to evaluate effectiveness
We work well together
• Seek constructive outcomes, listen to others, willing to compromise when appropriate
• Build constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals
• Develop trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities
• Engage and work well with others outside the organisation to build a better world for girls and all children
We are inclusive and empowering
• We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
• We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
• We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
Type of Role: 3 year fixed term contract
Location: Ideally to be based in Regional office in Senegal but could be based in a West Africa country office. Ability to travel is also required
Salary: Circa $65,000USD per annum plus benefits
Reports to: Regional Director
Closing Date: Sunday 15th October 2017
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted. A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Child Protection Policy.
As an international child-centred community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.
Comment postulerClick here to apply
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
125 vues totales, 2 aujourd'hui
Postuler à cette annonce
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez trouvé cette offre d'emploi sur Imaginafrica.net (le job board de l'Afrique).