Regional Knowledge Management Officer – Save the Children – Senegal
- Dakar, Dakar, Sénégal
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Management de programme
- Date de l'offre:21 Avr 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 02 years
Contract Type: National
As a key member of the Regional Program Development and Quality Team, the Regional Knowledge Management Officer will take the lead in the knowledge and learning management systems in the regional office, and support country offices in doing the same, while at the same time, providing the basis for a global approach from the centre. The post-holder will have the opportunity to develop dynamic, creative, yet sustainable methods and processes by which countries and the regional office manage their knowledge, learning, and to establish communities of practice for thematic and operational excellence. The post-holder will build upon the gains of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and research, to ensure that internal lessons are shared through a network of thought leaders within the organization, and to bring in external capacity as needed.
Qualifications and experience
• Ability to strongly promote and connect knowledge to situations;
• Dissemination of information in a way that is accessible, manageable and which supports the work of individuals in an organization
• Experience (or proven understanding of) of working effectively in a diverse team, maintaining good working relationships
• Excellent organisation, planning and time management skills, ability to prioritise both your own and others’ work without upward referral.
• Experience working with (or proven understanding of) project oriented processes and procedures; the ability to work confidently and accurately with figures and to present data in a concise and readily assimilated form.
• Detail oriented, proactive approach to problem solving and ability to gather, collate, analyse and systematise information.
• Excellent computer literacy and confidence and ability to develop skills in new and unfamiliar software.
• Good interpersonal skills and negotiations skills and ability to work confidently and constructively with colleagues with the team and beyond.
• Exhibit a highly adaptable and flexible approach to work in demanding situations with the capacity to undertake varied tasks simultaneously to deliver to deadlines.
• A commitment to and understanding of the principles relating to Save the Children values and aims, including child safeguarding
• Fluency in written and spoken English and French
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English or French using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Comment postulerApplication Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: 'Fsy.email@example.com'
In your application, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
249 vues totales, 2 aujourd'hui