Regional Mixed Migration Coordinato – Danish Refugee Council – Senegal
- Dakar, Dakar, Sénégal
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Management de programme
- Date de l'offre:22 Nov 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
The Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat (RMMS) Coordinator based in Dakar, Senegal. Would you like to work with migration flows and research? Do you have strong coordinator skills? Then this is the opportunity for you.
About the job
DRC has established a West Africa Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat (RMMS) in Dakar as a unit within the regional structure in order to increase the DRC capacity to work on Mixed Migration in the region. West Africa is a key migration hub characterized by fast-evolving and complex population movements. The overall objective of DRC RMMS West Africa is to enhance the protection of people in mixed migration flows, through information management, research-based analysis, policy development, networking and coordination with others agencies.
As the RMMS Coordinator your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Management of the Secretariat, incl. manage staff in Dakar and Abidjan
• Manage projects funded by various donors including the EU, IGAD, SDC, IOM, BPRM and agencies participating in the regional working group on mixed migration (IOM, UNHCR, etc.) and others as they arise. This includes donor reporting, financial and logistics management.
• Information Management (regional information centre) & Research, incl. gather and share/disseminate existing data, information, legislation, policies and conventions, reports, best practice experiences and working methods available in the region to assist DRC in planning its work.
• Advocacy, promotion of regional dialogue, networking and coordination
• Support to capacity building and advice through providing advice and support to the Technical Working Group on Mixed Migration. Continue to offer robust support and strategic direction to DRC as an agency as it further defines its role vis a vis the emerging and growing phenomenon of mixed migration.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have strong project management skills, a dedicated interest in mixed migration flows with proven experience in leading and conducting research. Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Advanced university degree in International Law, Political Sciences or similar;
• A minimum of 7-10 years of experience from relevant international position;
• Excellent communication and networking skills
• Excellent human rights/protection knowledge and solid knowledge of international refugee law;
• Having a clear understanding of the regional mixed migration dynamic in West Africa;
• Good IT command, solid understanding of web, and database design;
• Strong analytical and writing skills in French and English is essential;
• Field protection experience from one of the concerned countries is an added advantage;
• Good command of one of the following languages is a strong added advantage: Arabic, Wolof and/or Haoussa.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
• Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation
• Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 2 years
Salary Level: A13 (for more information on DRC’s salary please consult the vacancies section on DRC’s website)
Duty Station: Dakar, Senegal – Unaccompanied position (with possibilities of becoming accompanied during 2018)
Start date: 1st of December 2017
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact regional director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comment postulerApply here All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered. Closing date for applications: December 11th 2017 at midnight (CET) If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo. The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 35 countries throughout the world. We are the largest humanitarian NGO in Denmark and consistently ranked as one of the world’s best NGOs according to Global_Geneva. We fulfil our mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people and host communities in the conflict areas of the world. We also advocate on behalf of conflict-affected populations globally on the basis of humanitarian principles and the Human Rights Declaration. Our work and long-term strategies are guided by our five core values: Humanitarian approach - Respect - Independence & neutrality - Inclusion - Honesty & transparency. You can read more about our vision and work on drc.ngo.
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
120 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui