RRM/Emergency Distributions Manager – Danish Refugee Council – Nigeria
- Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Sécurité
- Date de l'offre:9 Mar 2017
- Annonce expire dans: 3 jours
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Overall purpose of the role:
To manage the delivery of DRC’s RRM/Emergency Distributions programming including assessment (MSA, RNA) and response teams, in close link with the Protection and M&E Unit, under the overall leadership of the Emergency Coordinator. The RRM/Emergency Distrbutions Manager will have a key role in the field-level management of the assessment teams and establishing local networks to ensure information about humanitarian needs is shared in an effective, timely and protection-sensitive manner. The RRM/Emergency Distributions Manager will be responsible to ensure effective data collection, community engagement, production of reports and data from assessments and effective communication on the results to enable rapid responses to urgent and ongoing humanitarian crises across broad geographic areas. The RRM Manager will also be key in ensuring a close link to the Safety Unit to discuss new locations and ensure appropriate measures are taken for access and safety on assessment and response missions.
Multi-sectoral / rapid needs assessments:
· Monitor the humanitarian situation in the areas of operation and contribute to the prioritization of areas of intervention;
· Compile, review and disseminate multi-sectoral assessment reports internally and externally;
· Present summary results of multi-sectoral assessments during external coordination meetings as requested by the EC;
· Supervise the MSA team remotely and in the field, depending on security situation and needs;
· Oversee development and correct implementation of tools and methodologies for assessments, both for internal DRC use and externally to assist other partners in consolidating RRM coordination;
· Suggest improvements to the tools and methodologies depending on context and field-testing.
· Ensure effective community engagement and safety analysis for responses according to needs identified in MSA (distribution of emergency shelter and NF and/or RRM package) while linking with other sectors in DRC: protection, AVR/MRE, WASH, food security, livelihoods and recovery);
· Ensure appropriate selection of beneficiaries agreed upon by the communities and preparation of the distribution with the communities (distribution date, distribution points, ensuring safety, protection and vulnerability factors are taken into account, with full monitoring by M&E teams);
· Plan and carry out safe, accountable distributions of NFI kits (household kits, shelter kits, other as needs identified…)
· Advocate, liaise and coordinate with other actors (including other DRC teams) for responses in other sectors including food security, WASH, health etc.
· Ensure prepositioned stocks of NFIs and other emergency items and supplies in Maiduguri, Ngala, and other project locations, through effective budget management, linkages with logistics and coordination with other organisations.
· Attend RRM Coordination meetings with other actors and ensure coordination of joint/one-agency assessments and responses;
· Attend any other meetings and working groups as relevant, such as Shelter-NFI-CCCM;
· Support field staff to develop contacts and coordinate closely with stakeholders including local authorities, security actors, community representatives and CBOs where relevant to establish supportive networks and channels of communication.
Safety, Access and Logistics:
· Work closely with the Safety Unit to share local contacts, to ensure appropriate security plans for field missions are in place, and to discuss support needs for new areas of intervention;
· Develop contact networks in area of operation for coordination on alerts, assessments and responses;
· Participate in Access/CivMil meetings as required by EC;
· Contribute to Access and Safety SOPs;
· Ensure logistics are regularly appraised of the needs and logistical requirements for field missions for RRM teams, and work closely with logistics and procurement colleagues to support timely and safe delivery of RRM assessments and interventions.
Monitoring, Accountability and Reporting:
· Make recommendations to the EC on improvement of response relevance, efficiency, appropriateness, timeliness and accountability
· Oversee the implementation of recommendations in order to ensure continuous improvement of interventions;
· Ensure correct application of accountability, protection and age, gender and diversity-related protocols during assessments and implementation of activities through training and updating of protocols and methodologies;
· Maintain close links with M&E and Protection Units for the assessments and responses;
· Include the participation of beneficiaries and communities, particularly those most vulnerable or at-risk, in all stages of the project cycle where appropriate.
· Line manage national staff, conducting performance reviews, setting objectives and ensuring expected performance criteria are met;
· Adapt the team structure according to needs, resources and capacities if required, with support of EC;
· Ensure high quality project implementation in accordance with donor and DRC regulations as well as in line with agreed log frames/indicators, budgets, procurement plans, and work plans;
· Develop job descriptions and recruit qualified staff (national);
· Represent NFI/shelter/RRM in project kick-off, close-out and review meetings according to requirements. Ensure documentation and follow up of action points in a timely manner;
· Ensure that all activities are included in project M&E plans and supervise the implementation. Ensure key lessons learned are incorporated in new protection project proposals.
The responsibilities listed in the Job Description are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
· Minimum 5 years of working experience in a humanitarian context and experience in complex emergencies and high-security environments
· Experience of access management in a high-security context, demonstrated ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders in a professional and adaptive manner, including security actors and local authorities
· Solid experience in staff management in a cross-cultural environment required
· Strong experience in conducting large scale distributions in remote locations with limited humanitarian presence
· Proven ability to build external relationships with diplomacy, tact and professionalism in a complex and demanding environment.
· Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software i.e. Word, Excel, Power point etc.
· Must show ability to work in an isolated and challenging environment.
· Previous experience in RRM implementation in similar contexts
· Knowledge of local languages and culture
· Strong understanding of Nigerian context and local dynamics as well as conflict sensitivity and protection concerns
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
· A University level degree in relevant subject or technical qualification in relevant sector
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Desirable: Knowledge of local languages in NE Nigeria (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani)
Comment postulerApply Here
In your application, please specify that you found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
35 vues totales, 2 aujourd'hui