Secretory for Country Director – Islamic Relief – Somalia
Description du Poste
Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence.
The position will be reporting to Country Director and will be keen on assisting the CD for required secretarial tasks for IR Somalia, such as appointment, document preparation and presentation to CD, proper record keeping for CD, liaison and coordination amongst IRS Sub-offices (IRS Hargeisa office, IRS Garowe office and IRS South central office) for the tasks that needs CDs attention, travel arrangements and answering phone calls when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Answer phone calls and redirect them when necessary
· Manage the daily/weekly/monthly agenda and arrange new meetings and appointments and follow-up.
· Prepare and disseminate correspondence, memos and forms as and when required
· Facilitate Contract approvals from the Departments to the Country Director
· Support and facilitate the completion of regular reports.
· Notify employees in case the CD is leaving for trip.
· Check frequently the levels of office supplies and place appropriate orders for the CD office.
· Make travel arrangements for CD.
· Document expenses and hand in reports
· Undertake occasional receptionist duties
· Cluster meetings, the secretary will attend on behalf of CD.
· Travel issues will be handled by secretary of CD.
· Taking minutes from the meetings
· Photocopying and printing facilitation for the CD
· Drafting letters and other documents, such as PowerPoint presentations.
· Liaison and coordination with the IRS Sub-offices pertaining to the tasks that deserve CDs attention and intervention.
· Record keeping and filing for CDs.
· Other secretarial tasks of IRS as a whole.
Qualifications, Experience and skills
· Degree of Business administration, secretarial science, Public administration, Management, Economics and any other related fields.
· Minimum 2 years of working experience in INGOs/UN body.
· Experience in remote management
· Excellent report writing skills
· Must be a computer literate especially in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· A professional with high personal integrity and commitment.
· An individual that can cope work with people from diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to plan ahead and meet deadlines.
· Strong written and spoken communication skills, in English and Somali.
· Sympathetic to Islamic Value and Norm.
· Pleasant behaviour with strong positive personality
Comment postulerIRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description. · Each application should be addressed to the HR account: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following: · An updated CV; and · An application letter · Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts) · Copy of your National ID card or passport · And contact information for three work-related referees. · Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer. Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as Secretary for the Country Director.
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
138 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui
Postuler à cette annonce
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez trouvé cette offre d'emploi sur Imaginafrica.net (le job board de l'Afrique).