Senior Manager, Operations – Palladium International – Nigeria
- Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
- Catégorie de l'Offre: Management de programme
- Date de l'offre:4 Avr 2017
- Partager l'annonce:
Description du Poste
Palladium is searching for a Senior Manager, Operations to perform a crucial role in West and Central Africa as part of the corporate Operations management team within the EMEA Business Partnership.
We work on an exciting portfolio of projects delivering positive social impact across Nigeria. Our programmes span a wide range of sectors, including: agriculture, economic policy, trade, market development, impact investment, maternal health, health policy, local governance, voice and accountability, gender and social development. We work for and with a range of clients including bilateral aid donors, foundations, government and the private sector. We never sit still, we are seeking further growth in a range of sectors, and we are committed to continuous improvement in delivery of best-in-class positive impact programmes.
Under the leadership of the Director, Project Operations, this position is responsible for the management and delivery of projects as operational representative in Nigeria and Ghana while providing overall support to the corporate operations functions in West and Central Africa.
Corporate Operations Support
• In collaboration with the Director, Project Operations, serve as a focal point for training and guidance to operations staff and ensure compliance with company policies, guidelines, business processes and SOPs and client rules and regulations (covering security, occupational health and safety, risk management, planning, human resource management, monitoring, reporting, finance, procurement, logistics, IT, communications, audit support and all other operational matters);
• Coordinate the development and presentation of internal and external reporting, project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables, coordinate action plans as required, and ensure outputs are fit for purpose and actioned in a timely manner;
• In collaboration with the Director, Project Operations, develop country-specific or regional operational plans to support the implementation of the Company’s strategic plan;
• Serve as the operational representative in Nigeria and Ghana and lead on corporate implementation projects in West and Central Africa as required;
• Plan and manage the operational aspects of project start-up and closeout to ensure delivery of required inputs to these processes from corporate services, service providers and stakeholders;
• Supervise Project Operations, Managers and Associates executing similar functions;
• For assigned projects, serve as the primary liaison between corporate services and the project;
• Participate in the development and maintenance of operations group and project work plans;
Head Contract and Client Relationship Management
• Monitor and maintain compliance with head/prime contracts and report on overall progress against agreed targets and activities;
• Develop, manage and support contract amendments as required;
• Ensure company policies, SOPs and Guidelines for financial management are implemented and are compliant with the client’s rules and regulations;
• Monitor expenditure against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements;
Human Resource Management
• In collaboration with HR support project human resource planning, performance management, recruitment and contracting;
• In collaboration with Security, ensure safety and security procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, are in place and adhered to across the region;
Procurement, Sub-Contractor and Grant Management
• Serve as a point of contact with service providers and address contractual matters as required;
• Support development of project subcontractor / grant management procedures compliant with the company’s SOPs and Guidelines and client’s rules and regulations;
• Coordinate participation of the operations team in capture planning of all opportunities in the region, providing inputs on operational requirements;
• Provide input and support business development of the company as required;
Education and experience required
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree (with a Master’s degree preferred).
• A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience.
• A minimum of 6 years project management experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor clients.
• Experience managing large and complex projects.
• A minimum of 6 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching.
• A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
Key competencies and expertise required
• Formal Project Management training and expertise.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
• Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
• Willingness to travel and work abroad in developing countries and elsewhere for significant periods of time.
• Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.
The deadline for applications is 24/04/2017. Please note, however, that applications will be reviewed and the role may be filled before this date.
Comment postulerPlease follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=RWFtb24uRG95bGUuNDM4NzYuMzgzMEBwYWxsYWRpdW...
In your application, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
251 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui