Senior Rehabilitation Therapist – Feed the Children – Kenya
- Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
Description du Poste
Position: Senior Rehabilitation Therapist **
Reports to: Rehabilitation Coordinator
Purpose of Position **
The senior therapist will assist the Rehabilitation Coordinator and the Rehab team in providing the best possible Physiotherapy or Occupational therapy services to children with disabilities. He or she will provide the services and training to children with particular regard to their individual abilities, needs and preferences with a focus on general physical function, mobility and daily functional skills. The senior therapist will provide services in such a way that are interesting in a child-friendly and fun environment. The overall aim of any services will be to empower the child to achieve a better and more independent life and future. Major responsibilities.
• Team leader in treatment planning and general conduction of all therapies
• Support the rehabilitation coordinator in maintaining high rehabilitation standards.
• Deputize the rehabilitation coordinator in overseeing the planned activities.
• Assist in planning and development of Community Based Rehabilitation -CBR and other programs as appropriate
• Provide assessment services, treatment planning, referrals to the Baby center, Children Center, Special School and CBR clients.
• Work towards specific goals set for the child by the multi-disciplinary team.
• Provide treatment in a way that is fun and child friendly, and is appropriate to each child’s developmental level.
• Participate in home visits, case review, ongoing treatment planning and other meetings as needed.
• Advise families how to support their children with disabilities through training in safe handling, home programs and education as needed, and in adapting the home environment to best accommodate the child’s mobility needs.
• Maintain accurate records and prepare periodic reports as needed.
• Support ABC childcare staff in planning and implementing activities and infant stimulation aimed as assisting child development and ensuring developmental milestones are achieved within the appropriate time frame.
• Support the rehabilitation coordinator in training and skills development of department staff.
• Facilitate weekly riding for the Disabled (RDA) group, liaise with the RDA staff to ensure safe handling of the children and to identify appropriate children for the group.
• Assessment of children with disabilities and offering appropriate therapy.
• Accompanying children for orthopedic assessments and discuss possible post operative treatment plans with doctors.
• Facilitate and Coordinate weekly hydrotherapy session to children.
• sensory/sensory integration therapy for children at the multisensory room
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the rehabilitation coordinator or the administration. Minimum Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Physiotherapy or Occupational therapy from a recognized Medical Training College. • Minimum 3 years’ experience in the hospital set-up or a children’s rehabilitation center. • Should be registered with the Kenya Society of Physiotherapy (KSP) or Kenya Occupational Therapy Association (KOTA) with the current practicing license. • Experience in the application of Neuro-developmental therapy is an advantage. • Knowledge and experience in multi-sensory/ sensory integration therapy techniques is highly preferred. • Good knowledge and practical experience in Community Based Rehabilitation program development and service delivery. • Should have a valid certificate of Police Clearance or good conduct. • Good knowledge and experience with Child Protection Policies. • Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams • Excellent Computer and report writing skills
Comment postulerIf you meet the following requirements please send your application letter, detailed CV and email plus phone contacts for three referees to the Kenya@feedthechildren.org to reach us not later than 28th May 2017. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Feed the Children is an Equal Opportunity employer
In your request, indicate that you have found this opportunity on imaginafrica.net
- Pas de mots clés
67 vues totales, 1 aujourd'hui